When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Ultimate Sears Spaceliner Reference

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thanks. I appreciate the comments from everyone. Do I get an "I got 'Stickied' at The Cabe" T-Shirt? ;)

I'd like to eventually add some information about the different pedals that came on Spaceliners. The big challenge will be to fit it in, as I've maxed out on the character limit (had to do a lot of re-writes to condense things to the point they are now).

Last edited:
Spaceliner catalog ads?

BrentP....do you have any Spaceliner catalog ads to post?
I am compiling in my gallery a number of various catalog pages or advertisements of bikes and their accessories.

Thanks
JD

Yes I do. Should I just post them directly to your gallery?

Sure or you can post it on the "catalog Challenge" thread and I can copy it from there. Or better yet, throw it on this thread. These ads or cataloging of these are hard to find. Or at least I haven't mastered the search engines on the web,yet.

Thanks Brent
John

Here you go. There are sixteen different catalog scans that I have uploaded to Mediafire. You can download them all from there.

The link is http://www.mediafire.com/file/m5jhxkf21ssz0pw/Spaceliner_Catalog_Scans.zip/file
NOTE: Make sure you only click on the file download buttons after selecting the file(s) you want to download, and not any of the banner ads. You don't need the optional "download manager" to download the files.

Cheers,
Brent

Last edited:
Wow!!! Thanks!!!

WOW!!!
Thank You Brent!!!

This is perfect timing for me as I've already bought 3 SpaceLiner's...
... (+ a Strato Flite version)...
... and I expect I'll end up with 2 or 3 more before it's over with!!!

Talk Soon!
Blessings!
Will,

Technically a Flighltliner but....

Here is mine that I have on display at my coffee shop for now.... I switch it out with other bikes...

IMG_2001.jpg
IMG_0935.jpg
IMG_0936.jpg

IMG_2001.jpg

IMG_0935.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

Over the past year I have compiled reference information for the 44 different Spaceliner models. If anyone has better photos for a specific model please contact me and I will add them to this reference.
Digits 4-8 of the bike serial number indicate the model number.
Model numbers that are highlighted are linked to external reference photos.
CHROME 'STRAIGHT-TANK' MODELS 1964-65
Men's / Boy's
46940 (1964-65, 26", Standard chrome, Men's, single speed, front truss bars but no springer fork, 2 rack reflectors instead of tail light, horn)
46980 (1964-65, 26", Standard chrome, Men's, 2-speed, front truss bars but no springer fork, 2 rack reflectors instead of tail light, horn)

Wow, this is some great information, and I found more than I ever expected! My Spaceliner is stamped as a model 46980, with the struts, but it has a taillight on the rack, as I bought it back in 1993. The red paint on the rack matches and looks consistent with the tank, and I have no reason to believe it wasn't sold this way originally, except this exact configuration isn't in your list. Maybe minor upgrades like this were possible from some dealers, who knows.
Soooo, I clicked on your link for the model 46940 since there is no link for the 46980, and was totally surprised to find a photo of MY BIKE, taken on my driveway! You must have grabbed it from my website.
Anyway, the bike has a Bendix 2-speed kick-back hub like a 46980 should, and if you look real close you can see the little on/off switch under the luggage rack light. I didn't have a lens in the tail light when the photo was taken, but recently bought a repro lens on eBay and it fit right in there.
You might want to change the link to be a photo of the 46980 since that is what it is.

Back