When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1952 Hawthorne bike questions and parts needed.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Update

BWBiker aka Brad, came out last Saturday to help me with the1952 Hawthorne. We have been trying to get the goose neck out but it is stuck, stuck, stuck even with heat and penetrating oil. We will keep trying. Thanks for your help Brad.

On Friday we took the Hawthorne frame to Bill Green to see if the motor would fit and found that it was a no go. I would still like to motorize it with some other motor. I want the motor to be old from the era of the bike if possible. The engine has to be less that 11 inches tall and can be a 2 or 4 stroke (4 preferred). Any ideas.

I am also looking for a 26 inch similar styled bike with a tank (not a Whizzer tank).

HawthorneWhizzerLiveAuctioneers-1.jpg
HawthorneLiveAuctioneers-1.jpg

Stuck goose neck...

BWBiker aka Brad, came out last Saturday to help me with the1952 Hawthorne. We have been trying to get the goose neck out but it is stuck, stuck, stuck even with heat and penetrating oil. We will keep trying. Thanks for your help Brad.

On Friday we took the Hawthorne frame to Bill Green to see if the motor would fit and found that it was a no go. I would still like to motorize it with some other motor. I want the motor to be old from the era of the bike if possible. The engine has to be less that 11 inches tall and can be a 2 or 4 stroke (4 preferred). Any ideas.

I am also looking for a 26 inch similar styled bike with a tank (not a Whizzer tank).

HawthorneWhizzerLiveAuctioneers-1.jpg
HawthorneLiveAuctioneers-1.jpg
Hey Mellisa, try wacking that goose neck from the underside with a dead blow hammer again. I left a broken off stem soaking in PB Blaster, the same oil we used on yours and wa la it came out with one tap after threading the bolt into the remains and hitting the crown of the fork. Don't give up! Brad

Last edited:
Back