When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'39 Monark 5 bar getting back together again.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

10~18kustoms

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Started putting this 1939 Monark Champion 5 bar back together today that was parted out on ebay a while back. I tried to buy the whole thing but seller was set on parting it out. I did get most of it piece by piece, but I am missing the hard to find bars/stem and rear rack. I'll find 'em, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
20170131_152026.jpg
20170131_152049.jpg
20170131_165754.jpg
20170131_165806.jpg
20170131_165844.jpg

I tried to buy that bike about four years ago from the original owner who used to be on this site. After a couple of PMs he disappeared. As I recall this one didn't have the uber rare dual position bars. The stems are not difficult bars a little more so. Good save! V/e Shawn

Started putting this 1939 Monark Champion 5 bar back together today that was parted out on ebay a while back. I tried to buy the whole thing but seller was set on parting it out. I did get most of it piece by piece, but I am missing the hard to find bars/stem and rear rack. I'll find 'em, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks!View attachment 416921 View attachment 416922 View attachment 416923 View attachment 416924 View attachment 416925

I'm glad to see you we're able to keep most of it together. Seeing this parted out was a sad sight.

I tried to buy that bike about four years ago from the original owner who used to be on this site. After a couple of PMs he disappeared. As I recall this one didn't have the uber rare dual position bars. The stems are not difficult bars a little more so. Good save! V/e Shawn
You are right Shawn, it didn't have the dual position bars. I have found a "can't slip stem" and heard there is a guy in CA that is having some of the dual bars repoped, which would be fine for this bike, I'm just going to make it a rider for now.

You are right Shawn, it didn't have the dual position bars. I have found a "can't slip stem" and heard there is a guy in CA that is having some of the dual bars repoped, which would be fine for this bike, I'm just going to make it a rider for now.

I should have clarified saying a regular set of bars for the 'can't slip stem' is a little harder. I've only seen a few sets of the dual position bars. I have a set that I was going to loan a guy to make some but he fell off the face of the earth before that project got going-thank goodness I didn't send the bars! I know one guy in Cali that said he tried to make a set and didn't have any luck. I'd be interested if anyone does do these and they look right--to include knurling in both positions. V/r Shawn

Well the PG Monark is a rider again! It took several re-pop parts I had laying around to get it here like the bars, stem, grips, pedals, & dropstand, but it's better than a bunch of parts setting in boxes in the back of my barn collecting dust, until I find correct OG replacements anyway. I took it for a little ride around the yard today. I have 3 Super Frame 5 bars, this is the first one I have had the chance to actually ride. It felt pretty good!
20170214_155622.jpg
20170214_155635.jpg
20170214_155641.jpg
20170214_155650.jpg
20170214_155701.jpg
20170214_155718.jpg

Back