When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red Band Kickback Hub Shell....I'm in too deep

-

morton

I live for the CABE
Got this red band 36 hole a while back. Covered with grease and I overpaid because I was in a hurry and didn't examine it properly,

When cleaned I realized the chrome is heavily peppered and missing in spots. Nevertheless I did take it apart, cleaned/re-lubed and it works well.

But it doesn't make much sense to got to the trouble and expense of new spokes and time involved to relace for one in this condition so I'm looking for a decent replacement.

Just need the shell, innards are ok and doesn't have to be mint but should be nice enough to make it worth the trouble.

I should add this is the red band with discs. I understand there is another red band that does not use discs.. I don't know if this makes a difference, but if anyone does, please advise.

Shipping would be to 17313. Sorry, no paypal.....I would send a USPS money order. Thanks.

upload_2017-3-12_10-15-8.png

Last edited:
This may be one of those cases where I would consider re-chroming. These aren't easy to come by, and it would be done within a week or two and you KNOW it is the correct hub.

This may be one of those cases where I would consider re-chroming. These aren't easy to come by, and it would be done within a week or two and you KNOW it is the correct hub.

As far as I know the yellow band is different.....anybody else know for sure?

The cost of plating and finding someone to do it is prohibitive for me. Also it's not for a restoration, just something I'm putting together and I don't need it asap. Maybe I can find something at Trexlertown but hope for one before that.

swinn3m.jpg

Red and Yellow not interchangeable. Different brake designs. Red has disk, Yellow has drum. I think Reds are better.

Last edited:
Back