When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1935-36 HW DURALIUM I'm

-

TR6SC

I live for the CABE
I bought this bike from a fellow member a couple weeks ago. Very good transaction. No surprises. I also want to thank the other members who chimed in with XLNT input. I now have a good idea of what this baby is. I began the soapy wet sanding today with #400. Look at the lovely little T on the forks. Any ideas?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
This bike has the split collar seat post. Will this be difficult to find?
image.jpeg

I'm going to weld the holes in the head casting that don't belong.
image.jpeg

Damaged threads and a split in the tube suggest I replace. Does anyone know if I can get this tube free of the forks, or is splicing in with reinforcement the way to go?
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That looks great. I'm new to this bike, so forgive my questions if they are way off. Is that an aluminum center stand? And, what is correct on these bikes? Skip tooth, or 1/2"?
Your bike looks like it's ready to get rolling. PM me if you want some input on polishing.

Yep 1/2 is what these bike had from factory, mine is actually original to the bike. I'll have to check the drop stand to see if it's aluminum, don't think is it off the top of my head. Ya the polishing is whats holding me back right now just so time consuming, that and all the screws are rusted in the fame still have not worked my self up enough to try drilling and taping all the rusted screws.

Yep 1/2 is what these bike had from factory, mine is actually original to the bike. I'll have to check the drop stand to see if it's aluminum, don't think is it off the top of my head. Ya the polishing is whats holding me back right now just so time consuming, that and all the screws are rusted in the fame still have not worked my self up enough to try drilling and taping all the rusted screws.
I hear ya 'bout the sanding/polishing. You gotta get your mind right. Wax on, wax off! The end result makes it worth it. The hardest part is the first grit. Once you've done that, it is smooth sailing, grasshopper. One step at a time. Soak those nuts and bolts for a day or two. They'll come right apart. Is it only the rear end bits that are frozen? You'll feel way ahead of the game once everything is freed up.

I hear ya 'bout the sanding/polishing. You gotta get your mind right. Wax on, wax off! The end result makes it worth it. The hardest part is the first grit. Once you've done that, it is smooth sailing, grasshopper. One step at a time. Soak those nuts and bolts for a day or two. They'll come right apart. Is it only the rear end bits that are frozen? You'll feel way ahead of the game once everything is freed up.

Ya just the rear end of the bike has the rusty crusty bits, the really bad part about it, is the heads of the screws are broken off along with both chain tensioners broken as well. Seems my only option is hand drilling and taping if I want to mount my rear fender.

Ya just the rear end of the bike has the rusty crusty bits, the really bad part about it, is the heads of the screws are broken off along with both chain tensioners say outsbroken as well. Seems my only option is hand drilling and taping if I want to mount my rear fender.
Easy outs work well. So does a dremel tool. You can carve a slot into the broken screw that will accept a flathead screwdriver.. Plenty of loosening juice will free the bolt or screw so you can remove it from the frame. The slot that you carve lets you. Insert a screwdriver. Google easy out to view how to remove screws with a drill

I really like those frames, have a similar one. When I got mine the fork tube was broken in half, looked like something chewed it up. Was able to have it welded back together, believed that is really pressed in to the fork so removal didn't seem like a good option. Splicing w/ reinforcement will work, but it looks like you still have a lot of good threads left, most bike shops have the threading tool, then you could just have the split welded. Sanding & polishing aluminum is a long but well worth process, good luck.

P1010032.jpg

Back