When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 ALMOST SPRING CAR AND BICYCLE SWAP MEET PICTURES

-
I would have loved to show a couple of bikes but living an hour away and only being able to participate for a few hours on Saturday morning didn't make much sense to me. I'd also really like to get to know some like minded enthusiasts, however driving down to Tacoma (from Shoreline) for a short ride and some beers just seems kinda crazy. Maybe I'm just getting grumpy. :)

I live an hour south of Shoreline (Tacoma) and drove up to the Seattle Bike Swap when they had it at the school in Shoreline. Spending two or three hours on a Saturday morning looking at bikes and parts and visiting with other bike guys made perfect sense to me. :rolleyes:

I live an hour south of Shoreline (Tacoma) and drove up to the Seattle Bike Swap when they had it at the school in Shoreline. Spending two or three hours on a Saturday morning looking at bikes and parts and visiting with other bike guys made perfect sense to me. :rolleyes:

I was there for a few hours on Saturday morning (should have clarified) but it didn't make sense to me to haul a couple bikes down to show for that short period of time.

I and all the South enders vintage bike enthusiast used to drive to Seattle back in the 90.s, BEFORE THE SKIDKINGS VINTAGE BICYCLE CLUB was formed in 2004, for the rides around Green lake, rides along the Burke Gillman trail, from Bothell to the Seattle waterfront, many bicycle swap meets from Edmonds to the Kent Amory, to the Shoreline location, stayed the day ,had a few brews and didn't even gripe about it .Sure was a distance but all was fun. And that Ladies and Gentleman is why I formed the SKIDKINGS VINTAGE BICYCLE CLUB in Tacoma Washington is because of the lacking and dying interest in rides, events, and then the swap meets up North just stopped. So when the fine folks at Gallupin Gerties Model A club asked if we would be in interested in setting up a Vintage Swap Meet in conjunction with the car swap ? Why not? So the last 3 years we has tried to get something going, the key word is ...PARTICIPATION...PARTICIPATION, Only one from Oregon came up and vended. Hats off to REDLINE for supporting this. And again no matter how much we ask, no participation from the vintage bicycle hounds from up North or from down south...So why not get this going...There is a ton of vintage parts out there in basements ,garages ,attics just waiting to change hands ...Almost spring swap is a great place to do this...Not only do you get vintage car guys looking ,but also vintage bike guys looking as well as newbies wanting vintage bicycles...

GARY JOHNSON
EL PRESIDENTE
SKIDKINGS VINTAGE BICYCLE CLUB
TACOMA,WASHINGTON

Last edited:
I was there for a few hours on Saturday morning (should have clarified) but it didn't make sense to me to haul a couple bikes down to show for that short period of time.
OK, I can understand that. Especially with the foul weather conditions we were having, But driving an hour or two never stops me from a chance to hang with my bike friends and maybe score a few good parts or even a new bicycle. The Iron Ranch swap meet is 2 1/2 hours from me, but I will never miss it.

I knew nothing about the Iron Ranch, I'll try to make it this year!

I would also have loved to have a booth but my wife was out of town and I have a 6 year old boy who couldn't have hung out all day. We still drove from Shoreline and enjoyed the bikes and stuff. I don't want the hobby to die and am trying to pass the interest on to my children.

Back