When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Corvette

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Intense One

I live for the CABE
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Just adopted another 50's Schwinn Corvette...serial number says May 1956....my other blue boys and black girls are April 1956
My April Corvettes have 3 speed Sturmey Archer TCW coaster brake rear hubs with front cantilever brakes and this red one has front and rear brakes with a 3 speed Brampton rear hub and a slightly different seat without crash rail. Love 'em all

Red seat s a replacement, "S" seats don't arrive until 1959. My 56 is an October date.
Aware that the seat wasn't period... I would think your October 1956 serial numbered bike may actually be a 1957. My blue and black Corvettes both have seats indicative of the first year 2 tone pattern as shown on Schwinn catalog as 1957. The catalog shows solid color seat for 1956.

Last edited:
Aware that the seat wasn't period... I would think your October 1956 serial numbered bike may actually be a 1957. My blue and black Corvettes both have seats indicative of the first year 2 tone pattern as shown on Schwinn catalog as 1957. The catalog shows solid color seat for 1956.

The 56 models had the two tone seats. Schwinn did not update the Corvette catalog picture from the 55 model. Note the 56 image also shows the 55 only Mayweg carrier.

restoring your seat here is the s stenceil 11.00 shipped 10.00 each for two or more

IMG_0006.JPG

Last edited:
Back