When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

King Size American frame build dates

-
This is the closest I've seen. I think it needs a side by side for posterity :).

PDC_0031.JPG
0414170840.jpg

Long time lurker and haven't posted in a while. I have a blue KS frame that a buddy gave me years ago. Its just the frame and matching KS guard. I've since found a matching radiant blue fork and extended/grafted on a longer steer tube. The hard part was trying to find the fenders. Due to the larger geometry of the frame the fender mounting hole at the seat stay bridge aligns at a slightly different position radially on the fender (if that makes sense). Its like 3/8-1/2" off from a reg size middleweight fender.
The black KS above with the chrome fenders reminded me of this... quirky fun fact; Twinn (Tandem) middleweight fenders have the same hole position and fit a KS frame perfectly.

Great info!

"The black KS above with the chrome fenders reminded me of this... quirky fun fact; Twinn (Tandem) middleweight fenders have the same hole position and fit a KS frame perfectly."

Long time lurker and haven't posted in a while. I have a blue KS frame that a buddy gave me years ago. Its just the frame and matching KS guard. I've since found a matching radiant blue fork and extended/grafted on a longer steer tube. The hard part was trying to find the fenders. Due to the larger geometry of the frame the fender mounting hole at the seat stay bridge aligns at a slightly different position radially on the fender (if that makes sense). Its like 3/8-1/2" off from a reg size middleweight fender.
The black KS above with the chrome fenders reminded me of this... quirky fun fact; Twinn (Tandem) middleweight fenders have the same hole position and fit a KS frame perfectly.

That IS great info! I knew there was a reason I shouldn't have sold that tandem :). Thanks for the info!

Good question. Measured from middle of the bottom bracket crank hole to top of the seat tube, the standard cantilever Schwinn frame is approximately 18.5 inches. The king size frames are 20".

Back