When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early style black muscle bike, huffy?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Did Huffy make any bikes for a brand that starts with (R) from 1972? I know Huffy frames usually have an H prefix, Sears have S and Western Flyers have W from what I've seen. It looks like a huffy, but I don't think the short frame bikes before 1964 or 1965 would have the crimps in the frame behind the kickstand because I think they were made for the early slicks abu that time. I'll check my 1964 Dragster frame and my 50' western flyer frame to see what they have on the dropouts for crimps. Cool mystery.
More pics and more clues to solving this mystery huffy? The black frame rear stays are 5/8" tubing top and bottom with a 7/8" flat style crimping at the rear drop outs both lower and upper, lower stay has a drain hole and the upper stay has a more smoother transition as it exits the drop out,, the gold frame has 5/8" tubing upper with 7/8" crimp, the bottom stay has 3/4" tubing with a 1 1/16"crimp no drain hole and has points just before the crimping areas and the transition is not as smooth as the black frame. It's almost as if the black frame was perhaps an early experiment type also the serial number is stamped upside-down, also in the last picture which style fender/brake bracket is the early style the tubing or the metal plate
20170508_203146.jpg
20170508_203354.jpg
20170508_202653.jpg
20170506_154313.jpg

The mystery deepens. When I was talking about the crimping of the frame, I was talking about up by the kickstand in the inside of the frame where the rear fender attached. I didn't even notice the dropout differences.

The mystery deepens. When I was talking about the crimping of the frame, I was talking about up by the kickstand in the inside of the frame where the rear fender attached. I didn't even notice the dropout differences.
Thought I was getting closer to I. D. the frame, ebay has a 65' dragster ll with almost the same drop out but without the top ears with holes, and the dragster frame looks more like my green and gold frames with that same angle of flow, in the eBay pics both upper and lower rear stays look the same size 5/8" as my blk frame and again the blk frame has the plate fender /brake mounting bracket instead of the tube like that dragster.. Can anyone answer what is the earlier rear fender /brake mount the plate or the tube? Also would help me if anyone knows the years of these serial numbers W367289 W200557 and possibly later date 9W273155, is it possible that black frame is 1962 or 1963 the hole behind the seat post clamp area is not like any other huffys I seen after 1964

Screenshot_2017-05-09-19-53-29.png
1965 dragster ll with the small seat post hole same has the mystery frame instead of the slot like my other frames but after zooming in on the dragster may be a slot instead

Last edited:
above pics are the drop outs and rear seat post hole from a 74-75 Sears Spyder 5, which was made by huffy. In the drop out pic, you can see a set of the same drop outs in the back ground. Those are on a Huffy Cool Ghoul frame from the same vintage (top bars are different, it looks like a Red Hot or shorty rail frame).

above pics are the drop outs and rear seat post hole from a 74-75 Sears Spyder 5, which was made by huffy. In the drop out pic, you can see a set of the same drop outs in the back ground. Those are on a Huffy Cool Ghoul frame from the same vintage (top bars are different, it looks like a Red Hot or shorty rail frame).
wow that's cool thanks for the info so what's the red hot or shorty rail frame yours or mine

Again thanks for the info any chance you can get the information on the other two frames in the pics serial numbers are listed so I can decide how to build them up

Back