When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early style black muscle bike, huffy?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
70882c9a6a17c6ae8e751edd51b00b91.jpg
I have two of these sure looks like a Huffy Rail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

70882c9a6a17c6ae8e751edd51b00b91.jpg
I have two of these sure looks like a Huffy Rail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sweet huffy rail, man If I ever get my hands on one I'll do a mild mid 70s custom on it, that frame is a perfect candidate for a project I've been wanting to do, just after I do a clone penguin

I looked at my 1964 dragster and my 1966 cheater slick and each of them have very slight indents between the stays right behind the kickstand, not like the deep ones on you black frame. Dropouts are the same as your black one.

Last edited:
I looked at my 1964 dragster and my 1966 cheater slick and each of them have very slight crimps between the stys behind the kickstand, not like the deep ones on you black frame. Dropouts are the same as your black one.
I'm getting 2 messages from you concerning the drop outs., one says same as the others, and other message says same as black frame? Any idea why that black frame is starting with a #2Rxxxx,serial number seem to be a little confusing, any idea on the other serial numbers that I have listed sure would like to know the other years any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

What i'm saying is the dropouts on my 2 huffy's are the same as your black huffy, but the part of the frame where the rear wheel passes though just by the kickstand is not. your frame has deep indents in the stays on each side to clear the tires where as mine have very slight indents. The "R" is different though. Did you have a dept. store or other retailer in your area in the 60's and 70's that started with an R? I've never seen a huffy frame that has that. Regardless, I would buy parts and make yourself a Penguin replica. Who cares what others think?

Last edited:
What i'm saying is the dropouts on my 2 huffy's are the same as your black huffy, but the part of the frame where the rear wheel passes though just by the kickstand is not. your frame has deep indents in the stays on each side to clear the tires where as mine have very slight indents. The "R" is different though. Did you have a dept. store or other retailer in your area in the 60's and 70's that started with an R? I've never seen a huffy frame that has that. Regardless, I would buy parts and make yourself a Penguin replica. Who cares what others think?
Thanks I'm going to stick with my original plan and build a penguin replica, that's interesting to know how different years used the drop outs on some early style huffys then stopped and used them again on later years, guess it all depends on what the buyer wanted on their order, so I'm finding out now that are on 64 66 and 75 huffys and others I suppose, just a guess with the serial number starting with a 2 is it possible it's a 1962 frame I'm going to check that R again may be a P.

That's the way to be; don't worry about the purists and make what you want. I'll keep my eyes open for the R or P serial number stamping. Here's my 1964 dragster. I loved the look of these so I found a 1966 cheater slick and made it into a Dragster. Then I found an original 64 dragster black frame on eBay and swapped all the parts over from the 66. I'll post a picture of the 64 and 66 bikes together later. I made it into a mercury marauder themed bike.

IMG_2011.JPG

That's the way to be; don't worry about the purists and make what you want. I'll keep my eyes open for the R or P serial number stamping. Here's my 1964 dragster. I loved the look of these so I found a 1966 cheater slick and made it into a Dragster. Then I found an original 64 dragster black frame on eBay and swapped all the parts over from the 66. I'll post a picture of the 64 and 66 bikes together later. I made it into a mercury marauder themed bike.

View attachment 467890
Wow that's great work awesome looking bike that's a great resource for my project penguin down the road just takes time to locate the period correct parts, would really like to see those other bikes pics when you get a chance thanks

Thanks for the compliments. I tried to make it like the earliest photo from the catalog for the dragster. I'll post a newer picture with the correct grips I've since found along with the 66 marauder tribute. We just moved, so I know it's in a box somewhereo_O

Back