When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Firestone -- 1950s super cruiser!!!

-

Marc's Classic Chrome

Finally riding a big boys bike
I was lucky enough to pick this bike up and it is super cool with a lot of great features but I don't know what to sell it for? I thought 175 dollars. I was told that the springer alone brings that? So any idea on value?

IMG_0643.JPG

IMG_0644.JPG

IMG_0645.JPG

IMG_0646.JPG

IMG_0647.JPG

The fork is pretty tweaked. A lot of those have sold so you should be able to research to determine value

You'll need to put some effort into straightening the fork to sell it as whole, and maybe learn something in the process, or sell it as is or for parts. Most times I've found there is not much profit to be made unless you add value by either repairing something that is damaged, or adding some hard to find correct parts that are missing to the project. Most times good bikes aren't cheap and cheap bikes aren't good. I've also found that most old bikes that didn't get completely destroyed or scrapped got taken out of service because of some significant damage that affected the way they rode. Oftentimes this is not immediately apparent in the heat of the buying moment. I have an internal checklist that I am constanly updating on things to look for when buying so I don't overpay.

You'll need to put some effort into straightening the fork to sell it as whole, and maybe learn something in the process, or sell it as is or for parts. Most times I've found there is not much profit to be made unless you add value by either repairing something that is damaged, or adding some hard to find correct parts that are missing to the project. Most times good bikes aren't cheap and cheap bikes aren't good. I've also found that most old bikes that didn't get completely destroyed or scrapped got taken out of service because of some significant damage that affected the way they rode. Oftentimes this is not immediately apparent in the heat of the buying moment. I have an internal checklist that I am constanly updating on things to look for when buying so I don't overpay.
Good things to think about. Thank you.

Back