When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Navy G519

-

Coslett

Look Ma, No Hands!
Just completed. MG92217. Bike was purchased as a 'basket case' (frame, fork, seat, wheel set) from Cabe member izee2 in the fall of last year. Thanks to Bergerwerke for rebuilding the seat and tool bag. Thanks to Cabe member Mr. Columbia for the head badge screws. Paint is Gillespie Lusterless Navy Gray topped with PPG matt clear.

IMG_20170415_181647773.jpg

IMG_20170415_181437634.jpg

IMG_20170610_172651545.jpg

Are there documented cases of navy blue bikes? Both my parents are WW2Navy vets and I would like to build a tribute bike.

Are there documented cases of navy blue bikes? Both my parents are WW2Navy vets and I would like to build a tribute bike.

I dont think the navy would have used the color "navy blue" on any equipment if that is what you are asking. The only navy blue colored military machines I've seen are early Air Force from the 50's. Hopefully some military experts will correct me if I am wrong.

Are you doing any ID alphanumerical graphics? I like where you're at with the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wackiforkhaki -

(great name by the way) I had a tool bag that was assembled with repro fittings that have the appearance of a rivet head with a threaded nut on the back.....Bergerwerke reassembled the bag with actual rivets after I painted the ends.

Mazdaflyer -

I have thought about painting some graphics from the Key West N.O.B. if I can ever track down some samples....I have a bicycle pass from this Navy base dated 01/08/1945.

Back