When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spaceliner project

-
Thank you kind sir.

IMG_1561.JPG

IMG_1560.JPG

IMG_1559.JPG

HEY HEY ..SPACELINER FANS.......I ALSO HAVE A 65, BUT IT NEEDS WORK TO RETURN TO PERFECT...THE HEADLIGHT WAS CRACKED AS THE SELLER STATED....WHAT WAS .....WAS A HANDFUL OF PLASTIC AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SHIPPING BOX....THERE WAS NO HORN TO SPEAK OF TO REPAIR........THAT SPRINGER ON THE FRONT IS ALMOST USLESS NO MATTER HOW YOU ADJUST OR LUBRICATE.....IT IS NOT A LIGHTWEIGHT BIKE...IT RIDES O.K. BUT I WOULD GLADLY HAVE ANOTHER SCHWINN IN TRADE THAT NEEDED WORK...OH AND THE CHROME...IS JUST SO SO QUALITY....

Gents, I'm a newby to the forum and got bitten by the the Bike Bug about a year ago. I picked up a 1963 or 1964 JC Higgins Flightliner that needs the headlight and tail light assembly. I've been watching Ebay and craiglsist with no luck. Could someone give me some pointers on where to buy, or who is selling one. Or if there is a reproduction out there.

Gents, I'm a newby to the forum and got bitten by the the Bike Bug about a year ago. I picked up a 1963 or 1964 JC Higgins Flightliner that needs the headlight and tail light assembly. I've been watching Ebay and craiglsist with no luck. Could someone give me some pointers on where to buy, or who is selling one. Or if there is a reproduction out there.

Reproduction lenses are available, but the tail light assembly is scarce. It was made by Delta. The Huffy Silver Jet and Murray Spaceliner bikes used the same tail light and battery tray assembly. For the headlight, just keep searching for Sears, JC Higgins, or Murray tank lights. They are out there, but tough to find. Keep in made that headlights for girls and boys bikes are different.

I got the tail light that is on the Spaceliner on Ebay a month or so before I got it, been looking for the tank bezel for another Spaceliner for over a year. Like partsguy said the lenses are being reproduced, but not the bezels (wonder what it would cost to get some made).

Thanks everyone. The previous owner did a lot of work, but did a horrible job wiring the lights and horn. I thought about doing an led conversion, but wasn't sure how. Once I figured out what wires needed to go where, I wired it up. The original tray wasn't in bad shape, but it just wouldn't get the lights working. I had another tray laying around that was in bad shape, so I cut it down to just the mounting tab to the bezel and the reflector. I used a Radio Shack plastic battery tray and put a ground on the back of the reflector.

The tank and rack was painted by the previous owner, but he didn't paint the fork legs or the white sections on the rack. I might redo them later. I also have the repop seat decal to put on. I raided another Spaceliner I have that is missing the tank bezel (and in a litter rougher shape) for the an original seat (not in the pics).
Hope to post better pics soon..
Did these 64-65 Spaceliners come with an actual rear light or just a non- functioning red plastic lense?

Back