When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia Convertible Commuter

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Reminds me of the bluebird,only i can build this the way i want and as many different waays as i want,the blue bird is kool but a blue bird is a blue bird if that makes any sense
14176524_1_l.jpg

This is some inspiring sheet! I live for stuff like this. Not only is it beautiful, it puts the boys version of these bikes in second place by a long shot. Never seen this before. When I first laid eyes on it I was like Oh, another cool looking middleweight I never seen before. If something like this is not perfect in every way, your eye immediately tells you it was an add on.

In case there are other people like me that want to know more you can see it here. The fact that he sells these masterpieces for only $189 is mind-blowing in itself. I would love to see what TRM could come up with for the unwanted million zillion ladies lightweight bikes out there for those of us that want bigger bikes.

http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/trm-convertible-tanks.86060/

NO intention to detract even a little from what is shown here. I thought I would put this up for the sake of sparking some interest in homemade fiberglass parts for bicycles. I'm not even in the same league as TRM. This is a work in progress, as I think of improvements I tweak or completely trash bad or good ideas. Not even sure there are any good ideas here except maybe that no one does anything like this with lightweight bikes. I never even thought of using a ladies bike. TRM did it the hard way, make female molds to reproduce parts that have a perfect outer surface that need little finish work. I went the male mold route. Make an undersize mold and wrap the fiberglass around that and then hand sand that to the finished product. This is only good for making one part although you could use that to make female molds. The nice thing about fiberglass is you can cut away or build on what you already have. No need to start from scratch every time. Anyway, here it is. I am struggling mightily to get things to look good on a straight tubing bicycle. Too much headtube showing for one thing, probably should have gone with a smaller frame. I should get a ladies bike with that wide open expanse to work with. Thank you TRM for the inspiration.
1973 continental fiberglass 001.JPG

That may be my favorites of all the conversions you've done. Really like the built in rack on those frames.
Can't remember but I think there is clearance inside tank for a top bar to be welded to frame for reinforcement? Lessen the frame flex.
Thanks, I really like this one also. There's not very much room inside of the trailing end of the tank. It's possible though.
Reminds me of the bluebird,only i can build this the way i want and as many different waays as i want,the blue bird is kool but a blue bird is a blue bird if that makes any sense
Makes sense.
This is some inspiring sheet! I live for stuff like this. Not only is it beautiful, it puts the boys version of these bikes in second place by a long shot. Never seen this before. When I first laid eyes on it I was like Oh, another cool looking middleweight I never seen before. If something like this is not perfect in every way, your eye immediately tells you it was an add on.

In case there are other people like me that want to know more you can see it here. The fact that he sells these masterpieces for only $189 is mind-blowing in itself. I would love to see what TRM could come up with for the unwanted million zillion ladies lightweight bikes out there for those of us that want bigger bikes.

http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/trm-convertible-tanks.86060/

NO intention to detract even a little from what is shown here. I thought I would put this up for the sake of sparking some interest in homemade fiberglass parts for bicycles. I'm not even in the same league as TRM. This is a work in progress, as I think of improvements I tweak or completely trash bad or good ideas. Not even sure there are any good ideas here except maybe that no one does anything like this with lightweight bikes. I never even thought of using a ladies bike. TRM did it the hard way, make female molds to reproduce parts that have a perfect outer surface that need little finish work. I went the male mold route. Make an undersize mold and wrap the fiberglass around that and then hand sand that to the finished product. This is only good for making one part although you could use that to make female molds. The nice thing about fiberglass is you can cut away or build on what you already have. No need to start from scratch every time. Anyway, here it is. I am struggling mightily to get things to look good on a straight tubing bicycle. Too much headtube showing for one thing, probably should have gone with a smaller frame. I should get a ladies bike with that wide open expanse to work with. Thank you TRM for the inspiration.
Thanks for the props momo! Glad you like it.
Interesting idea on the straight tube. When you get it finished you can still make molds at that point if you decide to. Just have to be careful that it will release if you do.

I can't get enough of that bike, do you have some more pictures. ...please! Some in the wild perhaps?
I finally did get some photos taken 'in the wild' as you suggested.
This is a tree covered two lane road where I love to take photos on foggy mornings. The picture of the Raceliner above was taken at the same location but it was quite a bit more foggy this time!
Enjoy!
101_0475.JPG
101_0483.JPG
101_0496.JPG

Reactions: TRM
I want to see this bike in person. I have been dreaming about this bike. Okay...I have a crush on this beautiful creation. Sorry.

DC
Thank you DC! I'm just one state away, next time you're in Alabama let me know!

BTW, it can be bought. Message me if your interested.:)

Thank you DC! I'm just one state away, next time you're in Alabama let me know!

BTW, it can be bought. Message me if your interested.:)
Unfortunately, I cannot message yet. I am still too new of a Caber. I was just in Suches, GA a week ago. I will let you know as soon as I travel your way again.

Reactions: TRM
Back