When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bikes & Buses (and Cool Old Cars With Bikes)

-
Something I wish I kept.
1980 YZ 125.
20160205_170138-1.jpg

Me sitting in Dad's '55. Dixon CA. ( He still has it. )
20160205_165654.jpg

My 2011 Nissan Electric $H!+ box and my 1950 Schwinn that I just finished restoring. This Schwinn was my first old bike I bought, back in 1990. It came from a older brother who needed money at the time. The car was bought 2 years ago for 10k. My wife was commuting to work in her suburban at the time at a cost of $500 a month in fuel plus repair expenses on the turd. It has about 100 mile range. We have saved well over 10k in fuel alone not counting maintenance I would had spent on the Suburban. Funny thing is we have really come to enjoy the little thing, lol.
27e077dd3b81cda18cebe6e1a5a59ae6.jpg

How the bike looked in 1990 when I got it from my brother and never changed a thing until last month.
That's my 99 S10 Xtreme I bought new in 99. My then girlfriend now wife helped me pick it out. We even went on our honeymoon with it. I have pictures of it at our wedding with the cans hanging off the back and all. It's apart of the family. The kids call it "Little Red". I still have it with about 250k miles. It's on its 3rd paint job and still looks pretty good. I just never drive it anymore because it's a 99 S10. Lol
29554d6b3053e4a0fb401cfb48b8b3ee.jpg

Last edited:
Never really took any pictures of my cars and bikes together. Here is my '35 Westfield Streamline and '70 VW I picked up last summer. The bug came to Ohio from Georgia and was stored here in a factory building for 20 years.......never been driven on an Ohio Road yet. Hope to change that this summer. Included a picture of its factory home I got it from and the ride home.

000000aaaaaastreamline 004.JPG

000000aaaaaa70vw3.jpg

000000aaaaaa70vw4.jpg

My 1957 Ranchero at the farm pic1.jpg
My 1957 Ranchero at the farm pic2.jpg
Well, I went out to a farm to look at some vintage bike's in one of the out buildings.... I ended up buying about six bike's....Columbia tandem, Spaceliner, a few Schwinn's, and then I spotted this sitting out back in the weeds..... Just like old bike's, I just had to save it!!.....plus I've always thought these things were cool as heck. So yeah, I bought it and got it home late this past fall. The cool thing is that it still has it's original interior and drive train(292 y-block) ..... Once this winter is behind us, I'm tearing into it......Future bike hauler baaabyeee!!!!

Back