When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Someone please explain this photo for me....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I have to agree with you guys it's definitely a repaint. And I have noticed the pedals and the top nut too. I'm working on a deal to see if I can get it in my possession. It's still good looking to me.

Weird stuff like this serial number happened sort of often with these bikes. Just think about how many they had to make!

I once had a Pea with the Quality decal on the seat tube upside down. (rather ironic, no? ;) ) You really couldn't tell until you read it.

This cotton looks pretty jacked, and I'm sure the seller has a relatively optimistic view of its value. Good luck getting it for a decent price.

Weird stuff like this serial number happened sort of often with these bikes. Just think about how many they had to make!

I once had a Pea with the Quality decal on the seat tube upside down. (rather ironic, no? ;) ) You really couldn't tell until you read it.

This cotton looks pretty jacked, and I'm sure the seller has a relatively optimistic view of its value. Good luck getting it for a decent price.

When you say "jacked"... What do you mean? I think of "jacked" meaning tons of missing or wrong mismatched parts etc...

When you say "jacked"... What do you mean? I think of "jacked" meaning tons of missing or wrong mismatched parts etc...

Looks totally pieced together. Many incorrect parts and no telling what date codes you are gonna get on the parts that are correct. To make this nice you may end up replacing a lot of stuff.

Unfortunately sellers of bikes like this price them as "fully restored Cotton Pickers" in spite of the issues. Really it's worth what a decent repainted frame and guard, recovered seat, and a pile of decent parts would be.

Unless you can get a pretty good deal, I'd pass.

-Dan

Looks totally pieced together. Many incorrect parts and no telling what date codes you are gonna get on the parts that are correct. To make this nice you may end up replacing a lot of stuff.

Unfortunately sellers of bikes like this price them as "fully restored Cotton Pickers" in spite of the issues. Really it's worth what a decent repainted frame and guard, recovered seat, and a pile of decent parts would be.

Unless you can get a pretty good deal, I'd pass.

-Dan

Good to know. And good looking out! [emoji1303]

Back