When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1900 Model 66 Chainless Columbia

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MrColumbia

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Well, here is my latest bicycle find. A 1900 Model 66 Ladies Chainless Columbia. I swore that I would not buy any more Ladies bikes but could not pass this one up. First of all simply I love that "American Bicycle Co. Successors to Pope Mfg." Columbia Head Badge.

The tires are what really blew me away. They have a matched set of United States No. 76 Giant Chain Tread tires that are pliable and hold air...completely! This bike is completely rideable the way I got it. The shaft gear mechanism is in excellent shape and the wheels run true. It has a correct match set of pedals though one side is missing it's rubber inserts.

The bonus that I did not know it had was the aftermarket shock absorber seat post. What is even cooler is I have the history of the bike including pictures of the original owner including ones with him and this bike.

The man who first owned it purchased a Ladies model because of a leg disability. In the picture notice he uses a cane. He could not mount a diamond frame. He purchased the bike with a mans seat and had a shortened rear fender without the skirt guard on it. The bike recently came out of the attic of the house in the picture.

1900 1.JPG
1900 2.JPG
1900 3.JPG

I am looking for grips for this bike. The ones it had were modern 70's rubber grips. I think it needs the leather wrapped wood ones. I do have one and if someone has a suitable mate for it I would be very appreciative and pay accordingly. This is the one I have.
wood and leather grip.JPG

Great find, a bike in that condition with that documentation is tough to pass on. Very unique head badge, American bicycle company didn't last very long, I think ?

I think I may have a matching grip for you Ken - if you don't find one before Dudley I'll bring it and we can compare 'em.
Good for you on the nice find.

Back