When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poor Man Twin Flex

-

Robertriley

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I know, I know.....everything is wrong. With that being said, this is starting at $500 and would be great for the guy that doesn't have the cash but had always wanted one. Let's not kill someones dream.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=222018995225

s-l1600.jpg

I just looked at that. I asked the seller for serial/fork numbers. If a '40 frame it would be worth pretty good money but I'm thinking this is most likely a '39 frame. V/r Shawn

Rear carrier definitely wrong. Now, how bout that tank?... Kinda looks Rollfast(Snyder) to me. Maybe not? Looks like it's longer than the correct tank. Covers more of the head tube and seems to touch the rear fender. No ridges either.....Just my observation since I don't know much about these.

Last edited:
Tank, fenders/braces, carrier, H-bars, seat/post and top spring support are wrong. The 40 TF frame is unique. It has a welded on kickstand and a more pronounced curve in the downtime.
The rusty frame in the picture is the earlier frame like the one in the auction and the blue/white frame underneath is a 40. You can see the back of the welded kickstand on it. While the blue frame is a standard frame the 40 TF frame has the same curved downtube.
DSCF1173.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to agree with Mike that tank looks Rollfast to me--regardless it is not correct. Also fenders/braces, seat, rack, pedals, chain ring, and bars. The guard may or may not be correct. If I could get the serial/fork #s or see the kickstand this would certainly help determine whether it is a '40 or not. The '40 is considered a more desirable than the '38/39 models. V/r Shawn

P.S. I guess Z and I were typing at the same time! I agree with his observations as well which means you will also be hunting a fairly scarce guard.

Last edited:
Just to add the 40 would not have a head tube badge or the holes to put a badge on the frame. Looks like someone cut the top of the tube for the seat clamp off the frame. You may need to weld a new one on the frame to correct it. Badged a Dayton so the correct guard would be the crow's beak if the numbers are not Firestone numbers. Great start of a Twin Flex

Back