When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOC aster motor pacer stayer steher gangmaker derny project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
thanks guys.......im pretty elated to have this motorpacer and to my knowledge there has never been a pacer from this earliest era ever to surface.....i know of a recreation of hedstrom/henshaws pacer but its full replica.....also the original was cut up and repurposed as a racing motorcycle in like 01 or 02

the pcar in the background is a customers car or i would say yes please come get it.......no love for any of the cars anymore.....filmonger i do have another customers 356 in the back shop........its a good project,never restored matching numbers 59 sunroof 1600.........but its been here about 8 yrs and the guy wouldnt sell last time i talked to him....just sits back there

i thought long and hard about buying the tandem, talked to the seller a couple of times. dave and i discussed this bike at length. its a way cool and very rare project. i thought the geometry looked off, you have explained this.. im glad you got it because i know you will do something with it, if i had it, it would have just sat as is neglected. congrats on some cycling history

356 prices are mad now....though, I think it will be my next and last vintage car purchase in the next few years. Your project is just the coolest - lovely to watch the progress. I do not understand the purpose of the rear stay setup - can you walk me through it. Thanks Man. I know outlaws are the rage now....but I still like this film.

Last edited:
oh ya that rob zombie lookin dude loves his porsches

filmonger the rear stays are castings,the rear hub is setup so the crank can free spin while the hub is fixed gear.....its a very odd piece with adjustments all over.....i had wondered what the rear hub would look like on a motorpacer tho i have seen several obvious variations 1897-02ish......some appear to be fixed pedaling with the motor/front rider and a few look to free spin out back as this one

so the forward rider is pedaling with the motor/fixed.....the rear rider (on my bike) is "free wheel" riding and is keeping motor hopefully running

i sweated off the split casting....vermillion was even under that casting!

IMG_3576.JPG

IMG_3577.JPG

IMG_3578.JPG

IMG_3579.JPG

IMG_3580.JPG

IMG_3581.JPG

IMG_3582.JPG

ok so a few new things to think about in my build..........a very fine enthusiast has given me this clipping

upload_2016-2-10_20-25-22.png

well its very similiar but a couple big differences among some smalls......crankarm not set to spoke on forward bb......the biggest is the rear hub assembly.....ours is freecoasting while theres no reason to have the above freecoast....another difference is our rear seat post....mine is much longer and also not made to go both ways with its geometry.....another of course is the center spacing/extra frame for no reason situation

upload_2016-2-10_20-25-22.png

Back