When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Mystery Frame Question

-

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
A buddy of mine has this and he was wondering what it started out life as. He thought prewar and I thought with the headbadge screws side to side maybe a Columbia. Looked for a serial number but could not find one under the crank housing. Thanks!!

001.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

Stand tab @ rear facing drop out makes sense as pre-war... SHORT head tube and single upper bar rule out Schwinn. I thought there was a bike shown here in the last two weeks that had single upper bar; low price prewar Elgin maybe.

It might just be me and my bad eyes, but the frame appears to be small. Could it be a juvenile frame and will it take at least a 26" wheel?

Let me rephrase what I said last - I've never seen a 26" CWC with a head tube that short.

I've never seen a CWC with that short of a head tube before. defiantly prewar. maybe an Elgin?

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the info!!! I checked with my friend and indeed it is a small frame. He was going to make a Manta Ray clone out of it but I happened to have a real Manta frame that I sold him. He set them side by side and they were real close to the same size. Of course the Manta uses 24" wheels so I suspect that might be what this frame is too. So maybe that can narrow it down. Still can't find any info online. He also said the seat post clamp is attached to the frame.

Back