When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying To Get Info On This Rust Rocket

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Lance Vangraham

Finally riding a big boys bike
Picked this crusty frame up a while ago and I am looking for info on it. Called a hawk. Thinking of of putting some 27inch Schwinn 10 speed rims on it and a positron shifting system on it make a 5 speed. Gonna call it the tetanus speed! Thanks for looking

hawk.jpg

hawk2.jpg

The guys on Rat Rod Bikes would love this crusty ride!

This was built by AMF Roadmaster for Hawk Department Stores. They were a very small operation. The head badge is worth more than the bike.

The bike was built in the 1960's, roughly 1963-1968.

Thanks for the info! Maybe I should hit upnthe rat rod bikes page and see if anyone wants to buy it. What do you think the head badge is worth? I have a hard time selling bikes hahaha

I have a hard time selling bikes hahaha

Can't be sure as I haven't noticed a Murray like this since the 60's. Or for that matter maybe an Huffy but it's because, like wally worlds bikes today, they began rusting on the shelf then, braking the very first day riden. [grin] regardless, to this extent: "I have a hard time selling bikes' You might want to reconsider whatever you're dredging out of the swamp whereas, in these cases, throwback is less than keeper. :eek:

AMF and Murray were cheaper bikes than Huffman and Schwinn. But even they are better than the crap at Wal-Mart today.

Honestly, man, if you wanted to sell this, I would find a set of rusty old wheels and a metal basket and hock it on Craigslist. I've sold bikes like this for $40-$60 as garden decor and restaurant decor.

I wouldn't ship this, just sell local.

Back