When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identifying - Western Flyer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Pieces&Parts

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I am trying to figure out what year/model this Western Flyer is. I picked it up in a bike deal and don't know anything about it. Thanks in advance.
IMG_20160605_180722949.jpg
IMG_20160605_180709987.jpg

I agree with MRG. Probably 50-53 Super which is missing tank and correct light. Wrong seat, grips, pedals, and has been painted. V/r Shawn

Sounds like it needs a lot of parts. Not knowing, are the parts easy to find? Is it worth fixing or should I move it on to to a new owner? I haven't ever restored a bike like this before. I usually just buy original paint bikes, clean them up and ride them. This time I went for a Jag Mark II and ended coming home with 10 bikes in total. Now I'm trying to convince my inner hoarder that I shouldn't keep them all and so is my wife. lol

It will cost more to restore this bike that it is worth. I'd leave as-is and ride or sell but not spend any money on it. V/r Shawn

Thanks for the advise. I guess it will probably go up for sale. I can't get used to the way the front end of this bike feels. My wife likes it, but I guess I'm to fat and it feels too bouncy and loose for me. Thanks again for the help.

Personally I think the CWC shockmaster is one of the best springer forks to ride. If you don't like that then forget any knee action springer e.g. Schwinn! V/r Shawn

Last edited:
Thanks for the advise. I guess it will probably go up for sale. I can't get used to the way the front end of this bike feels. My wife likes it, but I guess I'm to fat and it feels too bouncy and loose for me. Thanks again for the help.
If your wife likes it; keep it.
Its a pretty blue, rides nice, SOLD!
I went through a lot of bikes for my wife; and I still look at them thinking she wants another.
My opinion: let her ride and enjoy any bike she wants; as long as she doesn't change her mind anyway.
IMG_8692.JPG

My wife likes the way it rides, but prefers girls bikes. She is only 5'1", so the bar makes it a bit hard for her to get on and off.

Back