When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rusty stuff

-

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
One of the things I like best about swap meets are the "bargain box " or the cheap seats as I like to call them.
These are a pile of rusty pedals I bought last year for $2 each. They were not all matching , but for a couple bucks each what the heck.
There was a box of chain rings at memory lane also for 2 bucks each. I picked out a few and also the two cranks/W chain rings for 10 bucks each.
Rusty gold !!
I will clean the grease off this stuff and soak it in Evapo Rust for a couple days and keep you posted as to the results........
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG

One of the things I like best about swap meets are the "bargain box " or the cheap seats as I like to call them.
These are a pile of rusty pedals I bought last year for $2 each. They were not all matching , but for a couple bucks each what the heck.
There was a box of chain rings at memory lane also for 2 bucks each. I picked out a few and also the two cranks/W chain rings for 10 bucks each.
Rusty gold !!
I will clean the grease off this stuff and soak it in Evapo Rust for a couple days and keep you posted as to the results........
View attachment 375059 View attachment 375060 View attachment 375061

Hey man, was good to meet you at the Memory Lane event. My first time there. Was like a kid in a candy shop. Bought a couple of things for my 38 project. Also enjoying the evapo-rust. Have parts from the seat from my 38 motorbike soaking right now. This is a real help for me. Have a lot of breathing problems, and the evapo-rust has been by far the safest rust remover for me to use.

Hey man, was good to meet you at the Memory Lane event. My first time there. Was like a kid in a candy shop. Bought a couple of things for my 38 project. Also enjoying the evapo-rust. Have parts from the seat from my 38 motorbike soaking right now. This is a real help for me. Have a lot of breathing problems, and the evapo-rust has been by far the safest rust remover for me to use.
Good meeting you too. Yes you were really excited. Not many Cabers start out on a motorbike for their first big project.
I know it will be the first of many.
You are right about some of the chemicals we routinely use being brutal on the lungs. Gotta work safe.....
Good luck with your project!

I'd be all over that pile o' pedals. In fact I'm drooling just sittin' here lookin' at 'em. Of course I do drool a lot, so basically it could happen when I look at just about anything. But there's definitely more drool flowing now, so I think this time it's the real thing.

Last edited:
I'd be all over that pile o' pedals. In fact I'm drooling just sittin' here lookin' at 'em. Of course I do drool a lot, so basically it could happen when I look at just about anything. But there's definitely more drool flowing now, so I think this time it's the real thing.
You could practice getting nuts off.

Back