When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 schwinn collegiate

-

schwinnguyinohio

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
This was with some other bikes I picked up 5 speed original including tires

image.jpeg

The '64 models(first year) seem to be kind of rare. They're different than the later models. I have a '65 in Sky Blue.
I can see where the '64 could be a grail bike.

What are the differences? I haven't done any research on these and would be very interested to know, thanks!
The '64 Collegiate looked essentially like the Racer model with the RWB color bands on the top & down tubes, the hat in ring panel decal on the seat tube, model name on the chain guard, and painted fenders.
64Collegiate.jpg

For '65 the style was changed to be more like the Traveler. The name moved to the down tube, no color bands or seat tube panel decal, The chain guard got the enlongated star, and the fenders were chromed. Below is my '65 ,model. It's been modified with a Traveler chain guard, 27" wheels, wider handlebar, and 6 speed freewheel, but you see the basic changes that were made.

DSCN0081.JPG

Back