When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CWC Hawthorne Zep 1939 Help ID

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

kirk thomas

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
This bike I picked up this week and took the fenders and other things that didn't go on it off. I put a few things like the fenders and rack an forks on it I found in the top of the barn that I thought went on it from another Hawthorne. The serial # is A42 210 as best I can tell. Does anyone know how to tell the exact year of it. If it is a true Zep does anyone have a tank for this model. I do see the lights for sale now and then. Any help would be great as I hope like everybody that I have found a gem. Thanks, Kirk
P1200139.JPG
P1200141.JPG
P1200143.JPG
P1200142.JPG
P1200145.JPG

Frame (looks Snyder with curved fender bridge) seat sprocket cranks rack look correct. Chain guard would wrap rear cog. If Snyder. Fender braces would be the flater less curved models and front fender would have rear flip. Springer looks a later model roadmaster.
If your frame had a tank at one time there would be holes for four screws that held the battery tray.
PM if you need any additional info.
Great find. Congrats

looks like Snyder joints below #'s and CWC did not use A in 39 from what I have seen, is the lock a frame mounted fork (that's also a postwar springer) can't see the lock mount on the frame in the pics.
p1200145-jpg.jpg

Yes that is how I got the bike. The guy is a 3 speed guy mostly, I got a great deal on it, you would not believe, Here is a picture of the Forklock and the rear Morrow hub.
P1200151.JPG
P1200149.JPG

Back