When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Patching tubes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yes, any of the decent, traditional (glue/cement) patch kits at your local bike shop are a good bet. Follow the directions and make sure the tube surface where the patch will be is sanded and very clean. I also use a soft rubber ratchet clamp to make sure the patch stays down while it dries. This method works better than the glueless "sticker" patches. I've had minimal success with the glueless ones.

If it's butyl, the best result is lighting the glue afire (um, and blow it out) before setting the patch.

If it's pink latex, the only patch (and best of any patching result) is cut a piece of latex from a dead tube and glue with tubular tire mastic glue.

20150520_205417-1-jpg.jpg

FWIW, If you don't have a bicycle repair shop locally, NAPA sells a tube repair kit. I've bought many over the years, and will vouch for their quality.

Back