When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone ID correct application of this rear reflector

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

stingrayjoe

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
This was on a restored Schwinn motorbike I purchased. Can anyone i.d. the correct application? Any opinions on value estimates would be appreciated. I want to sell it. Will post on F/S forum in future.

Thanks!

DSCN5507.JPG

DSCN5508.JPG

DSCN5509.JPG

It sort of looks like the reflector housing to the 1939 Firestone Twin Flex.
Except that one housed a typical Persons Majestic # 219
The double rivet pattern on the top without any fastener position below is unique to the Huffman built Firestone Twin Flex.
Hard to find part if that's what it is.
It's not that big of a deal that the reflector appears to have been switched out, because the Persons 219 is readily available.

Excellent info thanks. Upon closer inspection it appears one of the mounting holes was added or at least may have been elongated.

here is the same light. Optional reflector, at least in the CCM Catalogue. Made in England
The following information is stamped on the top;
F A I R Y L I T E
Pat. No. 23360
REG. No. 73266
NPL No.107
Originally finished in Satin black. Currently devoid of paint. Yes, the second hole is factory punched...
DSC02367.JPG
DSC02368.JPG

It looks a lot like the reflector on a 1938 Raleigh-built Gazelle. I hadn't noticed any stampings before. Too far away now to check.

Back