When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More crap repop junk being made

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me original original original. I think if repops are to be made there should be a stamp put on every item that says reproduction so it is easy to tell the difference but should be put in a place where it wouldn't be seen when looking directly at it- for instance stamped inside of the tank or behind the head badge. As for tires I don't ride on originals as I want to preserve them for future generations. Luckily for me I collect Schwinns so the stingrays tire repops are readily available.

Reproduction campaign buttons are marked as such around the rear edge. I guess it would work on bike parts. I think most of us can spot repop parts without any stamp. It's buyer beware as with everything else

Buyer beware aswel as seller beware in both cases I've seen the same old story wher both don't know if they have a real or fake piece weather it be a bike part ,car part , a carving , statue, poetry ect.ect. have you seen Antique road show ? Its a story old as time , some one has something that somebody else wants , he either can't afford it or can't find one ? so he makes his own or has someone else do it for him ? And so it begins , things get thrown into the land fill or people hoard things , price gets drivin up and some settle for the copy that is more than likely affordable or just plain easer to find , Right or wrong copys have been hear long before we have and will continue long after , just like our opinions

Rafael

For me original original original. I think if repops are to be made there should be a stamp put on every item that says reproduction so it is easy to tell the difference but should be put in a place where it wouldn't be seen when looking directly at it- for instance stamped inside of the tank or behind the head badge. As for tires I don't ride on originals as I want to preserve them for future generations. Luckily for me I collect Schwinns so the stingrays tire repops are readily available.
it's easy when you collect Schwinns, everything is available.
here's my stance on putting some sort of mark on reproductions.
1. if they're crap, they need no mark, they'll show their quality, or lack thereof.
2. if they're exact reproductions, I'm all for letting them patina in and blend in as real. in 50 years, John's parts will be indistinguishable from real, and will deserve to pass as real if they can. 50 years from now, if I'm still around, the two Super Streamlines I've made will most likely be sold and probably as real, or at least after an owner or two they will. at that point, I think they'll have earned their status as a real and worthy bike.
on the good reproduction parts, it's not like they're being made en-mass in China, they're being made one off, in extremely high quality. I don't think they'll hurt the value, not for us non-Schwinn guys who just want a chance at owning something really rare and hard to get.
you also have nothing to worry about, John doesn't like Schwinns, so no worry about him making brand new Aerocycle tanks (though I've wanted him to just to piss everyone off).

^^^^^
I recall Chestnut Hollow offering fiber glass Aerocycle tanks.
And there was a guy from Kentucky who made not only the tanks from
steel but the frames as well.
He fabricated the rear tail light for my Aerocycle. Excellent work.

Last edited:
it's easy when you collect Schwinns, everything is available.
here's my stance on putting some sort of mark on reproductions.
1. if they're crap, they need no mark, they'll show their quality, or lack thereof.
2. if they're exact reproductions, I'm all for letting them patina in and blend in as real. in 50 years, John's parts will be indistinguishable from real, and will deserve to pass as real if they can. 50 years from now, if I'm still around, the two Super Streamlines I've made will most likely be sold and probably as real, or at least after an owner or two they will. at that point, I think they'll have earned their status as a real and worthy bike.
on the good reproduction parts, it's not like they're being made en-mass in China, they're being made one off, in extremely high quality. I don't think they'll hurt the value, not for us non-Schwinn guys who just want a chance at owning something really rare and hard to get.
you also have nothing to worry about, John doesn't like Schwinns, so no worry about him making brand new Aerocycle tanks (though I've wanted him to just to piss everyone off).

So, to recap:

1. You plan on misleading future buyers regarding the authenticity of your bikes.
2. You detest another make of bicycle and its collectors so much you wish for reproduction parts solely out of spite.

Sounds reasonable. o_O

So, to recap:

1. You plan on misleading future buyers regarding the authenticity of your bikes.
2. You detest another make of bicycle and its collectors so much you wish for reproduction parts solely out of spite.

Sounds reasonable. o_O

126efys.jpg

That's funny!
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back