When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A picture speaks a thousand words Lets see your vintage mountainbikes.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
IMG_4322.JPG

My 1994 GT Zaskar, circa summer of '95. My old '40 Ace wasn't finished getting the rattle can treatment yet, and I can't really remember why there was a deer leg hanging off of the basket of the beer-run trike. I'm sure it had something to do with beer.

First mtb was a mid 80's Maruishi I got new. Bullmoose bars. Deore when it had a deer on it. Rode the hell outta that thing. Taco' d so many rims!!!

Here's my old one/only one..

Switchback-Bike.jpg

I had an old cruiser that I put knobbys and BMX bars on back in college. It was a fun ride for sure, but hardly a "mountain bike". Perhaps downhill only hahaha!

Last edited:
Reactions: JLF
NOS...or extremely low mileage at least...1992 Huffy Stalker. It has the textured paint, neon, and the original slide-on water bottle. Also has one of the build tags still stuck to the rear of the frame!

It sat for many years in a hot, dusty, old shed until I bought it. The rear shifter cable was seized, front inner tube rotted, foam grips dried out and rotted, and the rear deraileur was damaged, likely from something hitting it. I had to sand off the paint on the bottom bracket to read the serial number to Huffy customer service. It was dated as a 1992 model, built in the Dayton plant.

It is for sale, at $80. I'll keep it if it doesn't sell. Just needs the right BMX / MTB collector.

01515_ZVPEvOs6jK_600x450.jpg
01313_7kTX89rgH0w_600x450.jpg
00d0d_9LNrIY8mWwW_600x450.jpg
00e0e_pIfyhFAzFy_600x450.jpg
00V0V_4rJbltqkXoC_600x450.jpg

My 1991 Nishiki, recently put back together, it has been in boxes for the last 20 or so years.

20170305_170241_1488762672801_resized-1.jpg

20170305_170749_1488762669034_resized-1.jpg

I see some nice Bikes. What year is the cut off. How old does it have to be? I have a few, but am not sure if they should be posted here. The bikes posted, have definatley brought back some memories.

Here is my first Moutain Bike, I think its from 1989, but may be wrong. Its a Nishiki Manitoba. I remember saving up along time to purchase this one.

One of my parents friends that lived a few blocks away had about a 2 acre lot, and was putting up a rustic fence. I spent a portion of the summer with a manual post hole digger, and he payed me per hole. (I probally only got about 4 holes done a day, but that adds up in time)

I'm not even sure how I've managed to hold on to it for so long since most of the bikes that came after this one have been long gone This one does not even fit me anymore, and hasn't for over 25 years. But somehow it has survived. If it makes it a few more years, I could probably give it to my nephew. (It would be great if I could give him the same fence deal, but today that would probably land me in trouble for abuse). This bike was eventually replaced with a Klein that Is now long gone. I think that saddle may have been OEM Equipment on my Klein, maybe not. It definatley came on one of my bikes, and I remember I always hated it. It also has crank arms from two different brands, After a crash I damaged just one arm, and went into the local bike shop, the owner was able to sell me just 1/2 a crank from a different brand (I bet that would not happen today).

I remember about 7-8 years later I went back to the same shop, I was looking for a carbon fiber fork, and the same owner qouted me a price, I told him I've been shopping around and went to three other shops, and got a better price, and asked if he could beat it. He obviously did not remember me, and kicked me out of shop. I had bought at least 2-3 bikes from him in the past. I was kind of shocked, but he must have been under tuff times and I now understand. He went out of buisness not to long after.

I'm surprised, looking it over it's still in pretty good shape. In my younger years I was a little compulsive, and would thoughly wash my moutain bikes imediately after each ride. This trait unforchantly contnued with my first two cars, and they would get hand waxed about once a week.

I just phisically picked this bike up for the first time in about 10 years, and see it actually has a "Made in the USA" sticker on it, could that be right? I would have thought Japan. I just now remebered why I bought the Ritchey tire, I did a huge skid to impress some freinds, and ended up blowing the back tire that came on the bike.

Sometime in the past I converted it to a single speed and tossed on some worn out v-brakes as the original componets were shot.

Looking back, I now think its even older than I first stated.

IMG_9733.JPG

IMG_9736.JPG

Last edited:
Back