When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old C.A.B.E newsletters and more!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

10~18kustoms

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Man, times must have been hard back in the day before the internet & forums. Here is how the cool kids had to kept in contact, via monthly printed newsletters like Selector, Bike Shopper, & of course the C.A.B.E.

A good friend that used to be a pre-war balloon tire collector back in the '90's, but is now out of the hobby found a whole box of old newsletters and stuff and gave them to me yesterday. Haven't had a chance to look at them much but they seem to be 93 - 95 era.
20170226_191128.jpg

Man, times must have been hard back in the day before the internet & forums. Here is how the cool kids had to kept in contact, via monthly printed newsletters like Selector, Bike Shopper, & of course the C.A.B.E.

A good friend that used to be a pre-war balloon tire collector back in the '90's, but is now out of the hobby found a whole box of old newsletters and stuff and gave them to me yesterday. Haven't had a chance to look at them much but they seem to be 93 - 95 era. View attachment 428162

I remember those. I got into this about 1986. This WAS how we sold and bought stuff and off course phone calls. Many sales were just done with the sellers written descriptions. Talk about trust.

I truly miss the day of the monthly newsletter. I subscribed to most of the vintage bike and Volkswagen newsletters back in the 80's and 90's I also enjoyed receiving my subscription of the Toy Shop. I still have most of the newsletters in my literature collection.

The days of the newsletter and corresponding through hand written letters are long gone.

I remember in the late 80's driving 3 hours to buy 4 " nice shape " Schwinn ballooners.the wheels on two were roached.had to use all 4 just to get 1 nice bike.that's how it worked sometimes.I also had stacks of these and Schwinn reporters back in the day.

I bought a complete run of the print CABE Newsletters. These offer a fascinating glimpse of the hobby during that time--I think roughly '95-99. It is interesting to see what things were selling for. Yep there were some smoking bargains but other stuff was selling for what it is today. It would surprise many some of the repo parts being offered that very likely are being accepted as original today. There are some familiar names in them and many who have left the hobby either voluntarily or involuntarily (deceased). Good stuff! V/r Shawn

I have an article from the Dayton Daily News dated 1985. It was written and photographed at Carillon Park. It was about the growing trend in collecting and restoring antique and classic bicycles. There were beautiful Roadmaster's, Huffman's, Dayton's, and Schwinn's in the pictures. A Bowden Spacelander too!

It really is a neat glimpse at the infancy of this hobby, a few short years before I came into this world.

I will have to scan that newspaper at the library and preserve that article. It was in my step-dad's hoarder house and it almost got pitched while cleaning!

A good friend that used to be a pre-war balloon tire collector back in the '90's, but is now out of the hobby found a whole box of old newsletters and stuff and gave them to me yesterday. Haven't had a chance to look at them much but they seem to be 93 - 95 era. View attachment 428162
View attachment 428165 More cool stuff from the bottom of the box!

So cool! I'd love to own some old CABE newsletters some day. Awesome!

Back