When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Decal or Screen Printed

-

TWDay

Look Ma, No Hands!
Were the decals on a 1967 Stingray screen printed. water decal or adhesive decal? Any help would be appreciated.

You are not done with that bike yet? If i remember right - chainguard and fork darts are screen printed and all others are water slide.

LOL. Man 1966fastbacks, you're a hard taskmaster.

The chain guard I don't think will be too hard to screen print The fork darts may be a challenge. Of course I'll need to get some clean artwork of all the decals to make the screen.

I hope to have the bike done in about a month.

I want to ride it at least one more time. At 6'4" and 260 lbs I'm not sure the bike will handle it. LOL

A month would be rear record time. I cheat and use all decals from bicyclebones from Ebay. They work great. How you doing on getting parts? You do know the right seat is $400-800. ouch. I'm 6' 2" 240 and can ride a stingray just fine. Just don't do any wheelies or jumps. Good luck.

See 1966 fastbacks, you ain't riding it right. If you ain't doing wheelies and jumps you ain't rid'in. LOL Just kidding.

Basically I want to restore as if it was used for 5 or 6 years and then put in the back of the garage for 43 years. You know, showing signs of wear but in good shape.

I am bidding on every part I need on ebay. Tomorrow the bidding ends and I hope I get everything. One guy in Illinois has everything and in very good shape. Wheels, sissy bar, fenders, handlebars, chain guard, sprocket and gooseneck.

Hang tight,

T.W.

There is a guy selling fork dart stencils on ebay. His before and afters looked great. They are item number:

1966fastbacks is correct. As far as darts go, I believe there were at least two sizes with the Rays using a shorter version of the full size frames.

Oh yea, about the seat. Well, I'll just have to put any old banana seat on it till I find an affordable NOS or nice seat. Like I said, I'm not wanting it to look mint or new. Never did. But I didn't expect it to be as damaged as it was when I went back to my parents house to retrieve it. Oh well. One thing I'm finding out, cars are easier to find parts for to restore. Most of them anyway. LOL

There is a guy selling fork dart stencils on ebay. His before and afters looked great. They are item number:

Just looked at the stencils that the ebay seller did. They look good. I guess I could do that in house as I have the machine to cut stencils, vinyl, etc. We have a sign division. I was going to prepare a screen and screen print them. By adjusting the screen art I could make them look weathered and worn. But this would be quicker and then weather them by hand. Thanks for the tip.

Back