When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old and shot tires.

-

StoneWoods

Finally riding a big boys bike
When you get a "new" bike and the cool old tires are shot, What do you do with your old tires? Mine are all in a pile in my yard. I just can't get myself to toss em.

IMG_7985.JPG
I just tossed a shot pair of Davis Deluxe into the can about 10 minutes ago

They are getting a little out of hand here, going to need to jettison some soon!!

DSCN8862.JPG

DSCN8863.JPG

DSCN8864.JPG

When you get a "new" bike and the cool old tires are shot, What do you do with your old tires? Mine are all in a pile in my yard. I just can't get myself to toss em.

Take them to the next swap meet and see if anyone wants them for free. If not, throw them out. You'll have forgotten about them in less than a month, and grateful for the new-found space you have to store some other crap. If they have any life left in them, I save them for any bike that comes along that I'm just going to flip.

Last edited:
If they're usuable for a bike I'm not riding much I'll keep them, but if they are so bad the tube is squirting out of the tire I pitch them. And on frequent riders I'd much rather have newer tires than cracked old originals.

But what about crusty rare single tube tires. I have some on wheels that look really cool for display, but I'd like to make the bikes ride-able. I'm afraid I'll destroy the tires removing them...

Back