When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Bicycle Headlights

nysg-21.jpg

So, in 1915, you could buy kerosene, acetylene or electric lights. I don't know when the first electric lights were made. "Following the practice of the motorcyclist, the bicycle rider has demanded electric lights on account of the ever increasing danger of traveling the highways". Why were electric lights safer? No fire hazard? Were they brighter? Has anyone ever seen a Columbia battery?

Hey Guys, ---First Post ever... Been Lurking...
I have a little later Nassau Racer Project on Ebay right now- check it out.
And Thanks for Posting this catalog- information was Great to know... Cowboy
From what I know mostly from the Internet, Nassau was only a Retailers Name- they put their tags on other makers bikes. The original store in 1897 was on Nassau Street. The New York Sporting Goods Store in this era sold Victor Bicycles (Made in Chicago) and Pierce Bicycles ( made first in Buffalo, then in Angola, NY - 15 miles South). All of the names on these tags are of Retailer`s Promotion. Thanks---C.

Last edited:
i need a couple of pair of those victor tires where do you send in the order ? is this price current ? where do i get a copy of the catalog ? great find
I've never reproduced any of my catalogs, except scanning them and putting them online. How many of you would want paper copies? I've also thought of having all of my catalogs in a secure online place where they can be viewed for a small annual membership fee.

Back