When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1893 ? Spalding see's the light of day

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

tommydale1950

I live for the CABE
here are some pictures of my Spalding taken in the light of day for first time in many years. Now todays question , the head badge has 3 patent dates on it all 1893 . Does that mean it is a 1893 ? I am going to start the clean up process today and then the "restoration" anyone know about patent dating ? thanks ...Tom

Attachments

• 1893 Spalding 002.jpg
    1893 Spalding 002.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 139
  • 1893 Spalding 003.jpg
    1893 Spalding 003.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 1893 Spalding 005.jpg
    1893 Spalding 005.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 1893 Spalding 006.jpg
    1893 Spalding 006.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 1893 Spalding 007.jpg
    1893 Spalding 007.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 1893 Spalding 008.jpg
    1893 Spalding 008.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 107
  • 1893 Spalding 009.jpg
    1893 Spalding 009.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 1893 Spalding 004.jpg
    1893 Spalding 004.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 105
1893 Spalding

This is an advert for an 1893 Spalding that shows one of their models for that year

1893_spalding_zps06295dfc-1.jpg

Here's a link to the info on the US military black bicycle corps. I believe this was from 1896.

http://www.fortmissoulamuseum.org/blackbicyclecorps.php

As you can see from the photo of the military Columbia, Spalding was also a reseller of other company's bikes.

I have Spalding ads showing them reselling Overman Victors too, as well as promoting Christy saddles.

The spokes on the back wheel are very cool, I have never seen one laced up like that. The way it's laced tied together on the in and out side of the hub. That a pretty darn cool bike. Sweet! I'd really like to see it restored. You might wanna check out the Wheelman site they might be able to help date it.
http://www.thewheelmen.org/forum/default.asp

Last edited:
93 Spalding

Ive pretty much given up on the wheelmen although I do look at their ads . I ve tried emailing numerous members and filled out forms with no response its been about 3 months . I do have some early parts including TOC some of which I have sold to Cabe members .I m sure some of their members would like to know about my hussey bars and stems and fauber cranks , early hubs etc . I have been watching the ads on the wheelmen site for Spalding items [ still need a block chain] and trying to figure out what seat I have ...just sayin...

Ive pretty much given up on the wheelmen although I do look at their ads . I ve tried emailing numerous members and filled out forms with no response its been about 3 months . I do have some early parts including TOC some of which I have sold to Cabe members .I m sure some of their members would like to know about my hussey bars and stems and fauber cranks , early hubs etc . I have been watching the ads on the wheelmen site for Spalding items [ still need a block chain] and trying to figure out what seat I have ...just sayin...

I can make all your problems go away instantly....
...just sell her to me Ha.

Back