When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1894 Remington 41126

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
On page 26 of The Evolution of the Bicycle Volume 1 there is a ad that shows the numbers on the headbadge of 75318 so I agree on the serial number. I read that Remington Arms made 100 of the first safety bikes with HP Snyder. Then HP Snyder started a factory down the road in Little Falls and made the Remington bikes. The first 100 2 of which were tandems were made at the Remington Factory in ILION, NY.

This bike is in complete condition. It was found in a barn covered with a tarp for the last 40 or so. The barn was falling down and this is one thing that was saved. You guys know what I have and hope you can help me figure out what I should do with it as it is local history around here. The Headbadge has 3 patents of 1892,93, 94 with a model number. The rims are 28" wood and the spokes have wires on them at the crossover points. The rims both spin freely. The sprocket appears to be a fixed gear and the wood is undamaged. The pedals have Remington script also the end cap on the cork handle grip. The chain is a big block chain with a nut and bolt master link. The seat is a Christy I think. The height at the seat post is 22 1/2" form center of the bottom bracket to the top of the frame. The headtube is 11 1/2". I will get a better shot of the badge tomorrow. I do not know much about this kind of bike it is to old for me but I may keep this one. If anyone wants to let me know how much you think I would appreciate it. Thank You All and enjoy.

Kirk,

In case you are interested. Your bicycle is most likely 1896 or 1897 possibly later but not by much. I know it is not before 1896 because I own the 1893, 1894, 1895 Remington catalogs and your bike is none of those years, not that early for sure. However your bike does look a little similar to 1895 with slightly different frame geometry so this is why I suspect your bike is most likely 1896 or 1897.

1896 Remington advertisement below:

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I am trying to find it but have not found any catalogs to look at there is nothing I can find on line. As to a picture to compare it to.

I am trying to find it but have not found any catalogs to look at there is nothing I can find on line. As to a picture to compare it to.

Here is the catalog image from the 1895 Remington that is most like your bicycle however as you can see it has earlier style frame geometry, earlier style seat, earlier style front brake system. This is why I'm sure your bicycle is 1896 or possibly 1897. Your bicycle is definitely not any earlier than 1896.

1895_Bicycles_Remington_Ladies%E2%80%99.png

Search for 1896 and 1897 Remington catalogs & images I believe you will find your bicycle in those years. Your bike is not 1894 as your posting title implies, your bike is not that early. Possibly the Wheelmen library may have the correct catalog copy for your bike if you are a Wheelmen member (www.thewheelmen.org).

Last edited:
Here is a picture of the chain it is a Perry Humber I have never seen anything like very high end buy the looks of it. Does anybody here have a picture from a catalog of my lady?
P1220731.JPG
P1220732.JPG

There is a little on nickel plate on the everything except the frame which has a little black paint. Nickle plate on Bars, Brake, Crank, Fenders, Seat and seat post, hubs, and pedals. The grommets in the fender and chainguard look to be made of some kind of black metal as they are not painted. This was one fancy bike. No pictures of any that might look like mine? Anyone? Please. Thank You.

Does anyone know someone that collects Remington I can talk to about this bike. I am going to the Remington museum sometime this week to check their bike out. Maybe I can find something there to help.

This bike may be 1 of the first salesmen samples they made to see if they were worth investing in, sent to different cities. I have found a little info but without pictures to back it I'm not sure. Here is a paragraph I found on Funding Universe The History of all companies.
P1220775.JPG
P1220846.JPG
P1220775.JPG

Back