When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1896 Pope rider

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Junkhunter

Finally riding a big boys bike
This is my safety rider. Model 45. Some of you may have seen the wheel build in the "Workshop". I think i could ride this bike all day. I may not be able to keep up, but I would get there eventually. I love the wood rims built with Stutzman rims. Makes it look very authentic. But I'm getting old, so the 2 speed kick back helps when needed. This is my favorite antique bike to ride. It's tall, but with the Brooks set down close to the frame, it's ok. 24" frame.
DSCN0834.JPG
DSCN0835.JPG
DSCN0836.JPG
DSCN0837.JPG
DSCN0838.JPG
DSCN0840.JPG

My apologies. You are correct hoof hearted. It is a 26". But I'm 5' 7" and I ride it fine. I put an axel step on it and that's how I get on and off. After a busted hip in 2008, it's actually easier for me than throwing my leg over a shorter bike. It's kind of like getting on a high wheel. It sits me straight up. That's what I like about it.
DSCN0841.JPG

That's got to be the longest head tube I've ever seen! I can see what you mean by being like an ordinary--you're seeing the other side of hills way before most! V/r Shawn

Nice bikes. Junkhunter, what size wheels are you running on that ? I too, am a great fan of the 2spd. kick back, have them on all of my riders, must be getting old myself.

Back