When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

-

fat tire trader

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
As I'm scanning my 1915 copy of the New York Sporting Goods catalog, I've decided to start a discussion of the year. It will be loosely led by the pages of the catalog. Please comment and contribute to the topic of bicycles in 1915.
nysg-1.jpg

It seems as the bikes that they sell are made by different manufacturers. The only one that I am familiar with is Victor. They seem to have been a very successful company before the turn of the century. Are these still Victor made Victors?

I also find it interesting that they promote Atherton. I have never ridden one, hopefully will soon. I have two Atherton hubs.

When I look at the "Expert", the bike appears to me to be a bike from closer to the turn of the century than 1915. With tubing that is 2 gauges heavier than its competitors, I don't think I would be a buyer. Its interesting that even as late as 1915, a bike like this would be sold fixed gear with no brakes unless you paid extra. I like the selection of tires. I think I would pick the Continental single clinch. I wonder when the last bike frames were made using the dip method.

Back