When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

-
I like the Reindeer.
It says the hanger is one piece, but to me it looks like its not a one piece crank.
Does anyone know what they mean by Brooks pattern", does it mean the saddle was made by Brooks, or is it Brooks style?

The Stag!

nysg-6.jpg

I really like the Stag, Its design is unique and creative and is a sign of bicycle frame development in this mid teens period, in which the moto-bikes were born. Several other companies, like Reading Standard, produced unique frame designs similar to the Stag. If I were to pick a bike that truly represents this period, it would be on of these bikes. The moto-bikes, looked at least from afar, the same until the mid 30s.

http://thecabe.com/forum/threads/april-28-1914-bicycling-and-motorcycle-review.54440/

One more thing, the Stag also come with a "Brooks Pattern" saddle, although its saddle is very different than "Reindeer Brooks Pattern" saddle. Could "Brooks Pattern", mean a saddle that does not have a pan?

One more thing, the Stag also come with a "Brooks Pattern" saddle, although its saddle is very different than "Reindeer Brooks Pattern" saddle. Could "Brooks Pattern", mean a saddle that does not have a pan?
It may mean that the leather top was cut to one of the many Brooks patterns or shapes available.
Sounds like they may have been skirting around breach of patent issues, or perhaps Brooks weren't covered by US patents.

I think I have seen Brooks Pattern saddles mentioned in other catalogs, when one turns up, I'll add it to this thread.

As a long time proud Schwinn Cycle Truck owner, I really like the "Comercial". Has anyone ever seen one in real life?

Back