When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1916 Schwinn # 1710 What Do I Have ?

-

truckd

'Lil Knee Scuffer
View attachment 356451 View attachment 356452 View attachment 356452
s-l1600 (7).jpg
s-l1600 (8).jpg
imageidnyp33433107852992seq1276width1360-1.jpg

According to this diagram (which all the frames construction coincides with) it says 1916 Model # 1710 but what is the spade symbol for above the serial # indicate ? and it does not appear to be a re-paint, Dark Blue.

Last edited:
As we have said in the other posts there is no way to determine the year (yet) based off that serial #. The spade may not be a factory applied marking. V/r Shawn

I have only seen one other with the same marking though barely visible if you weren't looking for it under the crumbling paint and it's serial number started with an 8 mine 3 but none the less I need all the help I can get with this one, someone has to know something or seen something ?

The frame is straight and for it being as old as it is I have never seen one in nicer shape.

My Son (27 Yrs. Old) is starting to get into the history as well as restoring of Teens and Pre-War Schwinn's so it is quite exciting to find these things for him and we live in Calif. so these bikes and barn finds aren't so readily available out here if at all ? I am one for total restorations to the point of over restoring I guess and I like to get thing's as correct as possible I know that in some case's a few modern parts have to be used such as wheels and or bearings and buying off eBay isn't always the way to go and as far as getting that valuable information Googling something doesn't always get you the info either.

Thanks! for the info, I hope this thread continues to provide more info.

Last edited:
Back