When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found 1917-18 Columbia Military Model Crank and Chainwheel

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Mercian

I live for the CABE
Hi All,

Sadly, some time over the last 100 years my Columbia Military Model has suffered some modifications.As a result, I am searching for various parts to put it to rights.

My first request, does anyone have a Chainwheel and Crank for one of these? The crank is one piece, with 7 inch arms, the sprocket type 'DD' (which refers to the elongated fitting hole in the center resembling towo capital D's back to back, with 26 teeth.

Any help on identifying the pedals would be welcome too. Apparently the blocks were white rubber, and the pedals 4 inch.

Photo Credit - The Online Bicycle Museum
http://www.oldbike.eu/museum/world-war-one/1918-ww1-columbia-military-model-u-s-army-issue-usa748/

Crank 01.jpg
Crank 02.jpg

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Another month passes sans chainwheel/crank. Pedals and the correct gooseneck would be useful too...

Hi All,

due to some generous help from a CABE member, I now have a correct crank and chainwheel (and some other parts) in good condition.

Photo A210B.jpg

And so the search moves on to handlebars and seat, and their respective stems...

Best Regards,

Adrian

Back