When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1918 Yale / Back For Sale Again

-

Kato

I live for the CABE
I've decided to sell a couple bikes and my Yale is one of them.
Based on info I could find and help from the people that really know their stuff here on the CABE I'm pretty sure it's a 1918 Davis built Yale. There is no headbadge and I know these can be hard to find and expensive. Rims spin true and easy - brakes work fine on the stand.
A period rear fender goes with the bike although I'm not sure if it's for the Yale or not.
Below are a few pics - I have a bunch more and can take pics of anything needed.
Pics also in the " Show your Davis built bicycles " thread on Page 24 along with some info on the bike.
Local sale preferred but will ship via BikeFlights - buyer pays actual shipping from Cincinnati, OH
Thoughts on value was a pretty wide range so I'm starting in the middle at $1100

Price drop to $800 plus shipping if needed

Updated 7-1-17

I'm at a point where this isn't moving and unfortunately I've had a shift to where I spend my time and know I'll never get this bike to where and what it deserves.
I'm open to offers on the Yale........hopefully it'll get restored and not flipped.
I don't sell often but when I do it's as important to me that the bike ends up with the right person even if I don't get top dollar.
If you're local or within a drive ( optional meet up ) I'll throw in the blue bike as a freebie ( not old ) and the extra fender and rack go with the Yale it if shipped. Not exactly sure what they are off of but they are old.

IMG_2916.JPG
IMG_2901.JPG
IMG_2891.JPG
IMG_2910.JPG
IMG_2887.JPG
IMG_2917.JPG
IMG_2919.JPG
IMG_2904.JPG

Last edited:
I love this bike, im just having trouble with trying to research anything on it.

Schwinnguy - I think it's a pretty kool bike also - it's different. I've spent quite a few hours looking for info on the bike also - limited info for sure.
Patric / aka hoofhearted has given me the most info - see Page 24 in the Show your Davis built bicycles thread.
I think Goldenindian may have commented on it also. Fire me a PM if you need any other pics etc.......

Friday bump..........

Got to thinking that if anyone heading North on I-75 to Memory Lane or Ann Arbor wants to
take a look at the bike / take a break I am 5-10 mins off of I-75 just north of Cincinnati.
Depending on timing and how interested I can try and set something up so I am at home.

Thought bike was Sold with Sale Pending and a deposit put down on it but I haven't heard back from the person ( CABE Memebr ) since April 28th
Not sure what exactly to do - have sent multiple PM's and just sent a new one.........

Thoughts / suggestions...........tough spot

Thought bike was Sold with Sale Pending and a deposit put down on it but I haven't heard back from the person ( CABE Memebr ) since April 28th
Not sure what exactly to do - have sent multiple PM's and just sent a new one.........

Thoughts / suggestions...........tough spot
When was the payoff to be complete?
Was it a PayPal transaction? If it was, I'd refund the deposit and sell it again.

Deposit lost as far as I'm concerned. Buyer did not live up to his end of the deal.

Communication is everything and if the buyer is having some issues, perhaps he should let the seller know and other arrangements can be made.

I'd probably send the buyer another email and convo and let him know what your intentions are if he does not respond within a certain time frame.

If the buyer does not reach out to you, then keep the deposit and re-list the bike for sale.

Just my 2 cents

Last edited:
Back