When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1918 Mead Ranger HELP!!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Sacket cycle works

Finally riding a big boys bike
IMG_2640.JPG
IMG_2622.JPG
IMG_2620.JPG
IMG_2867.JPG
IMG_2599.JPG
This is the second time I've posted about this bike because I wanted to bring new attention to the thread. I am currently seeking advice on how to shine this bike up without ruining the integrity of the paint. I have not had to much luck searching on the internet so hopefully someone can give some good words of wisdom here. I'm gearing up to buy a set of robert dean tires for it and so the cleaning will happen soon.
Thanks in advance.
Chase

Best thing to clean up the paint is a good cleaning with a mild soap and water. Then try using a good car polish like McGuire's. Some may suggest 0000 steel wool and WD40 but that is probably too much for this bike. It looks like the paint is in good shape as is.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I've used boiled linseed oil and liked that.
Wipe on a decent amount - let it sit and soak in a little bit and then wipe the extra back off.

Linseed oil is a natural oil and will mildew.... i.d. leave it alone or. sell it...lol.
I agree 100% on linseed oil being a natural oil but I have never heard of it causing mildew. It's used to finish fine gun stocks along with furniture. Does it react different on metal and mildew?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Don't wipe it with anything unless you want scratches. Especially the graphics. There is loose debris that will act as a sand paper.

Step #1. before water or any other washing attempt, spray the entire bike with G96 gun oil to soak the dirt.

Step #2. Wait a couple days and see if dirt is now muddy, if not, add more g96 to harder areas. Test a small spot see if dirt is loose.

Step #3. Now wash with mild soap and DO NOT put any pressure on the rag, rinse it offten to clear any dirt.

Thank you guys for the insight. I have a few ways to go on this so I'll post after pics and show you how it turns out.

I refinish furniture once and a while. It's good to expose the wood color but if gets wet will muck up..

I would not mess with the paint except maybe use some car polish on it.Dont get aggressive on the paint.

Back