When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1923-1924 Montgomery Wards catalog/Hawthonre DeLuxe

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Goldenindian

I live for the CABE
1923-1924 Hawthorne DeLuxe looks maybe schwinn built. Just wanted to share the reference.
IMG_0206.JPG
IMG_0207.JPG

I don't believe either the Red Wing or Deluxe are Schwinn built in the above ads. I don't believe the bike shown above is Schwinn built either. Look at the dropouts on the Deluxe. The red bike pictured above appears to have a smaller bottom top tube than what is typically seen on Schwinns. V/r Shawn

Great catalog as it looks like some transition from manufactures. The Red Wing is what I believe a HP Snyder built whereas the "new 1923 model" looks like a Schwinn sprocket & fork. The forks look different as the deluxe has a tiny rounding of the top edge of the fork vs the Red Wing looks like a sharper edge. Wards Hawthorne's were sourced from multiple suppliers and it's always fun trying to figure out when these transitions were made. We have a 1918 catalog that shows all Davis Built. 1919 catalogs with all Schwinn made. The 1916 DeLuxe looks similar to the Snyder Red Wing so that's why they are discounted, old frames perhaps.

I don't believe either the Red Wing or Deluxe are Schwinn built in the above ads. I don't believe the bike shown above is Schwinn built either. Look at the dropouts on the Deluxe. The red bike pictured above appears to have a smaller bottom top tube than what is typically seen on Schwinns. V/r Shawn
Could it be a Westfield frame built prior or after the use of the collared lug? It has the same crownless forks as the 27 frame I found with brazed truss rods.
westfieldforks.jpg

71165931396__BCC3C373-BF50-4B57-8213-F620D7BBA881.jpeg

IMG_4837.jpeg

Back