When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1937 Schwinn La Salle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Marc's Classic Chrome

Finally riding a big boys bike
I scored this bad boy after waiting all day at an auction sale. When it came to the three bikes they had they sold them choice. Right away I was upset but I figured if I was going to have any competition it would be for that bike as opposed to the 53 girls Hawthorne or the 73 collegiate. Well bidding was hot early because they started at ten bucks. It was down to me and a "metro' gal at 75 bucks. She kept bidding hard and I was not going to lose this bike after standing in the sun for 5 hours. Well, I finally won the choice at $260. So I took the La Salle. Then I bid on the the girls bike to $70. She won it and told me that she wanted the girls bike all along and was afraid I wanted it too. She is going to use the unreal paint and quality skip tooth girls bike as lawn art. Man ... can you believe it? I would have gotten the Schwinn for $75!

IMG_0781.JPG

IMG_0792.JPG

IMG_0793.JPG

IMG_0794.JPG

I'm a believer in being grateful for what ya got. I'd have gladly gave over that much for your LaSalle and think you did well. Thanks for sharing the story and pics. Always a bummer to see any good old bike rot away as yard art but she's the owner and gets to do what she likes with it.

I'm a believer in being grateful for what ya got. I'd have gladly gave over that much for your LaSalle and think you did well. Thanks for sharing the story and pics. Always a bummer to see any good old bike rot away as yard art but she's the owner and gets to do what she likes with it.
Shawn -- I was in no way complaining. I was prepared to go much hiring and I am very excited by the find. I consider myself very fortunate. I also hate to see a bike waste away in front of a lake cabin. I just thought it was an interesting story.

Wasn't implying at all that you complained and apologize if my comment made you feel that way. Cool story and bike, thank you for sharing :)

Back