When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1937 Schwinn Motorbike

-
Nice one! I say it's a 38 but I'm not a seasoned expert on these. Specs say side stand so that's probably original and side stands were common during this time.
Sidestands were first introduced on the 1936 Autocycle,advertised as non rattling.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Super cool. Perfect patina. That rear reflector/housing is not schwinn, but probably added as a accessory. The crank is wrong, should have dog leg style. Easy fix. My 37 Schwinn C model has a drop stand. Maybe it could have had a kickstand.

1937 (I think) Schwinn Motorbike that I picked up today.

If anyone can help verify the year, and any incorrect parts it would be appreciated.
I think the crank is wrong, not sure about changing, and not sure if the Miller stand is correct or if it should have a drop stand.
Thanks in advance
View attachment 459040 View attachment 459041 View attachment 459042 View attachment 459043 View attachment 459044 View attachment 459045 View attachment 459046 View attachment 459047 View attachment 459048 View attachment 459049 View attachment 459050 View attachment 459051 View attachment 459052 View attachment 459053 View attachment 459054 View attachment 459055 View attachment 459057
Great survivor. .

First, very nice bike!
Nothing is set in stone in regards to these old Schwinn bikes when it comes close to the year model that it was made. In my opinion the serial puts it more in the mid year of 37. If so I think it should have a hockey stick chain guard but they are pretty hard to find (one year only). The other items already mentioned....Defender light was added,rear reflector and crank are incorrect but that's up to you if you want to change anything.

First, very nice bike!
Nothing is set in stone in regards to these old Schwinn bikes when it comes close to the year model that it was made. In my opinion the serial puts it more in the mid year of 37. If so I think it should have a hockey stick chain guard but they are pretty hard to find (one year only). The other items already mentioned....Defender light was added,rear reflector and crank are incorrect but that's up to you if you want to change anything.

I'll leave the Delta Defender, looks cool and there's already holes in the fender for it anyway. I definitely want to find the correct crank and reflector. I think those should be relatively easy to find. Not sure if its correct or not, but I put Torrington 10 pedals on it because it didn't come with any, and that's what I had available. Easy to change later if they're not correct.

I should have kept it. lol just kidding. The only person I would've sold it to is my big brother :) I look forward to seeing you fix it up.

Back