When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 Colson Tandem rear steerer

-
Yes, you can ride solo from the front or back. If you look closely all of the parts on the front half are girls ie seat, pedals, handlebars.. Very interesting design.

Funny

It seems as if the later tandems put the guy in front and the chick in the back. That is how I would want it although you might get a nice view from behind?

Thanks for the picture.Is your paint job original?

Yes paint looks as if there haven't even been any touch ups. It has a funky yellowish film covering it. I think it will come out really nice with a non abrasive cleaner. I'm gonna try a few things and see what works best.. I will be keeping an eye on this thread for progress pics as there are not s lot of these bikes left!

hi DMNCLNR,If you get a chance could you post a pic of the rear seat post going into the frame and a pic of your fenders?? I think mine has to be redone because it doesnt match the front.I also have one factory painted chain guard that is different.Maybe a different year tandem.Your bike looks great.wont take much to clean it up.hope mone comes out 1/2 as nice.

Last edited:
Fenders are the same as the Colson imperial or to the best of my knowledge most guys and girls from 38-39. Your fenders appear to be rounded, they shoukdmcome to a peak... I will post pics tomorrow.

Dustin

hi,my fenders are peaked so they should be correct.I am on the hunt for a mens saddle

I have a correct one I can post up some pics tomorrow.. I even have the girls one if you need it too

Dustin

DMNCLNR,do your fenders have pinstriping and if they do,about how wide is it?

Back