When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 Hartford From Laguna

-

tripple3

Riding Miles; Collecting Smiles
So this bike was put on OC CL and I bought it. I took it over to Hippie Mike's place and we looked at everything and talked about who wants this project??
Another friend said the wheels are fine to rebuild and run...from pics on our phones.....
This is a local bike with much "Character" from being left in the bushes a mile from the beach. I don't want this bike ripped apart for it's few bits it has left. But I am overwhelmed with the project.
What to Do??
00v0v_i4yCqyM3Ba6_1200x900.jpg
00U0U_8bi44R3O0Cz_1200x900.jpg

These are pics from the ad.

So this bike was put on OC CL and I bought it. I took it over to Hippie Mike's place and we looked at everything and talked about who wants this project??
Another friend said the wheels are fine to rebuild and run...from pics on our phones.....
This is a local bike with much "Character" from being left in the bushes a mile from the beach. I don't want this bike ripped apart for it's few bits it has left. But I am overwhelmed with the project.
What to Do??
View attachment 399703 View attachment 399704
These are pics from the ad.
I would do as little as possible.ad some old barely ridable tires, little love to the chain and bearings.then ride the tires off it! Why reverse what mother nature spent years to accomplish? I love it.

I would do as little as possible.ad some old barely ridable tires, little love to the chain and bearings.then ride the tires off it! Why reverse what mother nature spent years to accomplish? I love it.
Totally my style; if it were that easy you would have seen pics on WBDYR the same day I got it!
Many spokes are snapped off, wheels don't roll, and the chain is pretty solid....

Looks like a match to the Funeral Bike. Probably had an aluminum torpedo hornlite at one time too.

There is a horn button and horn in the tank, no switch on the tank; so I think it had a front loader...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1482412170.157665.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1482412183.041736.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1482412193.592449.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1482412213.461152.jpg

I love that the valve stem cap held the last piece of chrome on until now...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1482412253.231718.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1482412276.582850.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1482412286.700389.jpg

Being so close to the beach I think those little crustaceans are still alive…

Trippe 3 - didn't we see a cwc yesterday all orig. Beautiful. Survivor? I thought about my cwc and wondered why I saved it. Rusted all to hell 75% rust I took pieces off and glass beaded till pin holes appeared in fenders. Why this dog of a bike when there are others that could use you attention?

Trippe 3 - didn't we see a cwc yesterday all orig. Beautiful. Survivor? I thought about my cwc and wondered why I saved it. Rusted all to hell 75% rust I took pieces off and glass beaded till pin holes appeared in fenders. Why this dog of a bike when there are others that could use you attention?
Because I love the poor, neglected, outcast, ugly, and abused.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

For those of us that ride our bikes, I really think untouched crusty riders is the future of collecting.. No painting or replating. No de-rusting, paint restoration or waxing even. Just the bare minimum to get it rolling i.e. tubes, tires, bearings, etc. This is exactly what I've done with my Merc, Luisa's Funeral bike and my crusty Colson double bar. It's weird that these are the bikes that get the most attention when out and about. Just make sure your Tetanus shots are up to date before taking it for a spin...
20161204_074124.jpg

Last edited:
Back