When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940 Dayton / Huffman Airflex

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
So I finally made it to VA to pick up my Airflex.
It's a bit of a basket case, missing a great deal but retaining quite a bit too.

She has lost the welded kick stand, lost lenses, fork and rack. Wheels/hubs I don't believe are correct, 36' Morrow rear and Bendix Model K front.

I haven't seen a version of the Airflex with these fenders, each with an extra fender brace. Anyone know the term for this style?

Fortunately the family of mice that lived in the tank for a generation just used it as a portijohn and not dinner.

d3862bb33f8c1193ae644d27badbd537.jpg

87ec2f803dc566c9163225ac1f1c6e2e.jpg

48fa758285983a3d2ae4dcb6a71a8ded.jpg

bb0d0ecb9e2b6ed5c5ee6cd11e04267e.jpg

3454523d18866c1a695f43f4e529d53a.jpg

79f471ee7c30254b6fe9f714e53b4f69.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe those extra braces were added. Looks like a good, solid start to me. I'd be interested to see the serial number. V/r Shawn

My knowledge is obviously pretty limited on these bad boys so I'm happy to learn from you folks-

I'd love to see an image of an unmolested version.

Where is the serial? Tried to look at the underside of the bottom bracket and don't see one immediately, big old oil port though...

2e6cd23d829c4e4975b21b5e30c4cee7.jpg

My knowledge is obviously pretty limited on these bad boys so I'm happy to learn from you folks-

I'd love to see an image of an unmolested version.

Where is the serial? Tried to look at the underside of the bottom bracket and don't see one immediately, big old oil port though...

2e6cd23d829c4e4975b21b5e30c4cee7.jpg

Yep that sucks! Like Scott said this is exactly where the serial number is. Probably seemed like a good idea back in the day but not something us collectors appreciate today! V/r Shawn

The raised area under the grease zerk is that part of the zerk or part of the bottom bracket?

Back