When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940's Schwinn Autocycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

dave429

I live for the CABE
Sharing my Schwinn Straight Bar Autocycle. Excelsior badged, Truss Rod Fork. I believe mid 1940's Serial number I79005. Not sure if it has correct seat, pedals, handlebars, chainring, or if the horn tank is original because the patina is slightly different on the red color. I just wanted to share and see if anybody had any thoughts on year and or correct parts.

Thanks!

IMG_5421.jpg
IMG_5416.jpg
IMG_5417.jpg
IMG_5419.jpg

IMG_5421.jpg

IMG_5416.jpg

IMG_5417.jpg

IMG_5419.jpg

Last edited:
Nice bike. You might want to raise the saddle on the seat post a bit. That way the top of the post won't punch the bottom of the pan when you hit a big bump. Learned that one the hard way one day....

nice bike. You might want to raise the saddle on the seat post a bit. That way the top of the post won't punch the bottom of the pan when you hit a big bump. Learned that one the hard way one day....
Good eye!
Based on experience.

serial number

Dave
Nice bike you have there but what is the purpose of putting the XXXX in the serial number?
Thank You
Frank

Back