When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 DX help needed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Well, Doug. I hope that answered your question and gave you a nice prewar DX buzz.

f53657b4067762ef295f98b14a21224d_zps93bb-1.jpg

Last edited:
Come on Ozark flyer you took the top of the page... Edit; add a big picture of your best DX please.

I just have this same one with the ripped up seat, pitted chrome parts, and dirty yellowed tires. My weekend coffee shop ride.

Last edited:
Are my eyes deceiving me or am I not seeing a second dimple in the fender for the truss rods on these '41's? If not I've got a nice but surface rusty front fender and repop chainguard for your frame from a similar project I aborted earlier this year... I could toss the fender in my electrolytic bath if you're not looking to go the beater route. I was assuming the single dimple fender I have was from a stripped down non-truss model, but I'm not seeing the wide dimple of the usual pre-war fenders nor the double dimple of the post-war springer-type fenders here either.

Dimples....

Are my eyes deceiving me or am I not seeing a second dimple in the fender for the truss rods on these '41's? If not I've got a nice but surface rusty front fender and repop chainguard for your frame from a similar project I aborted earlier this year... I could toss the fender in my electrolytic bath if you're not looking to go the beater route. I was assuming the single dimple fender I have was from a stripped down non-truss model, but I'm not seeing the wide dimple of the usual pre-war fenders nor the double dimple of the post-war springer-type fenders here either.

Right. 1 dimple for fork; none needed for truss rods.
These fenders are fat, full coverage.
IMG_8753.jpg

And for correct front fender brace length I'm getting roughly 14 3/8" and 14 3/4" from peak to hole? I let my pre-war fork go and while I assume my '48 fork would be the close enough to the same to check them, just wanted to be sure.

OK, another series of questions

Are pre war springers different than post war ?

Is the front fender different ?

Back